Realtek RTL8101E

Drivers for network cards
  • Has it ever worked before?
    Attached is a driver with more debug output.

PS: try disconnecting the network cable, load the driver and connect it when driver is loaded.
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction." Albert Einstein
  • hidnplayr wrote:Has it ever worked before?
    I don't know. It's first time i test father's laptop.
    PS: try disconnecting the network cable, load the driver and connect it when driver is loaded.
    I already did it.
    Attachments
    rtl869_verbose.txt (237 Bytes)
    Downloaded 423 times
  • It seems the I/O address is wrong.

Can you verify in another operating system that this card is indeed on bus E, and what the I/O address is ?
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction." Albert Einstein
  • I run AIDA64 and this program identify my network card as realtek 8139/810x but in kolibri 8169. Is it correct?
    Attachments
    Downloaded 436 times
  • Maxis wrote:I run AIDA64 and this program identify my network card as realtek 8139/810x but in kolibri 8169. Is it correct?
    I dont know much about this RTL8101E/8102E chipset.
    You can try to see if it works with rtl8139 driver.
    Also, the MAC address seems wrong in the log you showed. Is this true?
    Attachments
    netcfg (28.47 KiB)
    Downloaded 433 times
  • MAC address seems to be correct.
    With rtl8139 netcfg don't load a CPU to 100%.
    But seems like zeroconf don't working correctly. When i tried to set a static IP zeroconf always set the 169.254.54.178 Also after launch zeroconf zeroconf loging several time "Reading MAC: 88-AE-1D-F0-7C-71
    Reset" then "Socket error". In netstat i can see some statistics.
    Attachments
    ZEROCONF.TXT (998 Bytes)
    Downloaded 421 times
  • It seems this card is an PCI-E 8139 and should be easiest to get working with the RTL8169 driver. (Doesnt seem logical, I know)
    I'll see what I can do.
  • Just for the record, I just found an old laptop with RTL8101E and it works fine on latest build :)
  • Internet is working on my laptop, it also has 8169.
    But need more tests, last time it hanged.
    Из хаоса в космос
  • Leency: I'm talking about RTL8101E chip in specific.