Realtek RTL8167

Drivers for network cards
  • #5490 by hidnplayr in /programs/network/netcfg: Added RTL8167 to network device list. (uses RTL8169 driver)
    Из хаоса в космос
  • Hello, Jefrey!

You told be one thing I can do to help you is to try latest rtl8169 driver on my girl's PC and see if chip version is detected correctly.
    So yes, chip is detected correctly. Internet works from the box.

1. Another point: it hung very often and too quickly.
    2. There are also an errors that socket could not find the thread. It spam to board. Could you detect this case and prevent spamming to debug board?
    3. After connecting to internet, Zeroconf doesn't close. It still exist in processes. Why? Is this okey?
    Из хаоса в космос
  • 1. Still trying to find the cause
    2. When does this happen?
    3. I already told you before, zeroconfig keeps monitoring for network cable changes, so IP can be assigned automatically at all times.
    (This does not work with all drivers yet)
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction." Albert Einstein
  • 2. I will try to find a way to reproduce the issue.
    3. So you need to rename it to @zeroconfig, because it is system process and should not be visible in CPU as a common application. Could you do it please?
    Из хаоса в космос
  • Leency wrote: Could you do it please?
    Done. #5495
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction." Albert Einstein
  • Thank you!
    Now is my hint for the point #2. :)
    Из хаоса в космос
  • 1. Still trying to find the cause
    Hadn't I said long ago that the cause is KernelFree inside IRQ handler? This is still not fixed, if I am not mistaken.
    Сделаем мир лучше!
  • CleverMouse wrote:Hadn't I said long ago that the cause is KernelFree inside IRQ handler? This is still not fixed, if I am not mistaken.
    Yes, I'm working on a fix for that. Lets hope you are right (as usual) and this will fix the problems.
    I am however not convinced that this is the only problem.
  • CleverMouse wrote:Hadn't I said long ago that the cause is KernelFree inside IRQ handler? This is still not fixed, if I am not mistaken.
    BTW, I did move KernelFree procedure from IRQ handler to transmit procedure in i8254x driver, as means of experiment. (secretly snuck in SVN #5140)
    In virtualbox, I do note much less frequent crashes (none so far) compared to PCnet driver.

So thank you for the information.