Atheros AR8161/8165

Drivers for network cards
  • Yes, this driver has been wanted for a long time now.

I myself did not have time/courage to write it, and all others here seem to be either uninteressed, too lazy or have another excuse ;).

I cannot say when this driver will be realised.
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction." Albert Einstein
  • The Ethernet driver for Atheros AR816X/AR817X is under construction.
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction." Albert Einstein
  • Oh, that seems like a good news :)
  • Less then two years after the promise, it is here!
    rev #7810
  • Excellent news! My congratulations. :)
    Из хаоса в космос
  • hidnplayr wrote:Less then two years after the promise, it is here!
    rev #7810
    Hmm, driver called ar81xx but seems it doesnt work with my AR8131 ((
    The best way to predict the future is to create it.
  • rgimad wrote: Hmm, driver called ar81xx but seems it doesnt work with my AR8131 ((
    Nope, sorry, it's more or less port of the linux alx driver, only AR8161/8162/8171/8172

EDIT: I will add AR8131 support too, I found a device which has this chip :)
  • Извините, у меня на ноутбуке установлен контроллер ar8161 PCI-E, но он не находит драйвера в kolibrios, поэтому ethernet не работает. Если вам это не трудно, пожалуйста, взгляните.

Sorry, I have a ar8161 PCI-E controller installed on my laptop, but it does not find the driver in kolibrios, so ethernet does not work. If it's not difficult for you, please take a look.
    Attachments
    photo_2021-07-08_02-34-13.jpg
    photo_2021-07-08_02-34-13.jpg (140.04 KiB)
    Viewed 6546 times
    Снимок экрана 2021-07-08 022510.png
    Снимок экрана 2021-07-08 022510.png (52.23 KiB)
    Viewed 6546 times
    BOARDLOG.TXT (6.86 KiB)
    Downloaded 150 times
  • Перекомпилировал netcfg. Результат не поменялся.

Recompiled netcfg. The result has not changed.
    Attachments
    photo_2021-07-08_03-00-20.jpg
    photo_2021-07-08_03-00-20.jpg (105.7 KiB)
    Viewed 6540 times
  • Doczom wrote:Результат не поменялся.
    Поменялся. Драйвер теперь указан.
  • Please try with attached driver and post BOARDLOG.TXT
    Note: driver has been build for latest kernel and will be incompatible with kernels older than #8896, please try with latest nightbuild.

EDIT: It seems you have an issue with BIOS/UEFI, no IRQ is assigned to the network card.. it will not work without.
  • протестировал с подключением драйвера, интернет соединения нет, но появляется странный ip

when the driver is connected, there is no Internet connection, but a strange ip address appears
    Attachments
    in PCIdev ethernet controller has an irq of 11
    photo_2021-07-09_15-47-34.jpg (152.73 KiB)
    in PCIdev ethernet controller has an irq of 11 Viewed 6456 times
    BOARDLOG2.TXT (19.22 KiB)
    with an internet cable connected
    Downloaded 146 times
    BOARDLOG.TXT (13.81 KiB)
    without a connected internet cable
    Downloaded 138 times
  • "strange IP address" is normal behavior when the DHCP server cannot be reached.

It seems your device has similar behavior as floppy121's, perhaps attached driver fixes it.
    (Trying to set up DMA in the device)
  • подключение определяется, но интернета так и нет.
    (а куда вводить логин и пароль который мне дал провайдер?)

the connection is detected, but there is still no Internet.
    (and where to enter the username and password that the provider gave me?)
    Attachments
    photo_2021-07-10_00-46-25.jpg
    photo_2021-07-10_00-46-25.jpg (129.7 KiB)
    Viewed 6416 times
    BOARDLOG2.TXT (19.11 KiB)
    Downloaded 136 times
    BOARDLOG.TXT (16.36 KiB)
    Downloaded 142 times