r6040 (eBox 3300)

Drivers for network cards
  • Great work! But do you mean that in order to add R6040 network driver support, need to modify kernel.mnt ?
    Is it the way with each new network driver you will add, or only specific to R6040 because of some issues?
  • This is a kernel as it is in trunk, it has the network drivers integrated.

I still have to write the driver for net branch, wich has network drivers in seperate files.
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction." Albert Einstein
  • hidnplayr wrote:This is a kernel as it is in trunk, it has the network drivers integrated.
    I still have to write the driver for net branch, wich has network drivers in seperate files.
    Oh, now I understand why everyone wants you to finish NET branch ASAP :wink:
    Because in TRUNK all network drivers are inside KERNEL.MNT - I haven't realized that before. :roll:
    I will test the driver now and let you know how goes :)
  • There are more problems with the old stack:
    -slow: every time a packet enters another protocol handler, it is copied from one place in memory to another.
    (For a tcp packet, this would be driver>kernel>ethernet>ip>tcp>socket>application)
    -slow: drivers do not use interrupts, and thus only one packet can be inserted per os_loop in kernel
    (Also, when there is no packet received, this uses resources)
    -only one card can be active at a time, and the user cant chose wich one
    -system functions for sockets are not universal standard (posix), but also not very good designed in general

I'm trying to fix all that ;)
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction." Albert Einstein
  • I did get an IP address via DHCP, but could not use any network application.
    When I tried, for example, HTML viewer, the "Loading" was stuck forever.
    Please see attached BOARD.LOG as well as screenshots.

EDIT: I fixed a mistake I made in website address, but it still does not work. The CPU is maxed at 100%; Process Monitor reports "download" application using all the resources. When I click the green ">" button in HTMLv, it opens another "download" application and both begin to consume all the resources. I attached the correct screenshots and log now.
    SCREEN11.png
    SCREEN11.png (53.65 KiB)
    Viewed 11453 times
    SCREEN12.png
    SCREEN12.png (54.55 KiB)
    Viewed 11453 times
    Attachments
    log_new.txt (8.65 KiB)
    Downloaded 442 times
    Last edited by yogev_ezra on Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:56 am, edited 4 times in total.
  • I'm afraid the troubles you are experiencing are not caused by the network driver but by, in this case, the 'browser'.
    AIRC for example should work without problems, press button 1 first, then when you see some activity, press button 2 an then type "/join #kolibrios" to join the kolibrios channel on freenode..

The only bug in driver I see is that sometimes a packet gets lost in RX/TX (1/100 packets in my case)
  • Yes, you were right - AIRC is working fine, left it on for the whole night with 100% CPU usage, still works in the morning.
    SCREEN8a.png
    SCREEN8a.png (156.19 KiB)
    Viewed 11541 times
  • yogev_ezra, what did you expect from non-existing http address?
  • CleverMouse wrote:yogev_ezra, what did you expect from non-existing http address?
    OMG LOL I only noticed now I typed 4 W :mrgreen: Well, I have an excuse: the Edubook keyboard is too small for my fingers :wink: Will try with eBox-3300MX tonight.
  • I fixed a mistake I made in website address, but it still does not work. The CPU is maxed at 100%; Process Monitor reports "download" application using all the resources. When I click the green ">" button in HTMLv, it opens another "download" application and both begin to consume all the resources. I attached the correct screenshots and log now.
  • yogev_ezra wrote:I fixed a mistake I made in website address, but it still does not work. The CPU is maxed at 100%; Process Monitor reports "download" application using all the resources. When I click the green ">" button in HTMLv, it opens another "download" application and both begin to consume all the resources. I attached the correct screenshots and log now.
    and you have enough free space on ramdrive? try to delete games and demos and may be something else, and try again...
  • Sorcerer wrote:and you have enough free space on ramdrive? try to delete games and demos and may be something else, and try again...
    Following your suggestion, I deleted the following folders from "kolibri.img" - GAMES, 3D, DEMOS. Now I had around 350KB free. But it still did not work :(
  • yogev_ezra, the information on where a program hangs will be useful. Try the following: run MTDBG, type "load downloader http://<URL>" without quotes, MTDBG should say "Program loaded successfully! PID=... Use "g" to run."; type "g" without quotes; wait until the program seems to be stuck consuming CPU and several seconds more to be sure; type "stop" without quotes, MTDBG should say "Suspended"; write here values of registers - top "subwindow" with EAX=... ... EIP=... Moreover, typing "g" again, after some time typing "stop" and writing the possibly new values of registers can be also interesting.
  • хм.. а браузер до сих пор не использует расшаренную память, что стало возможным, начиная с "Вт окт 05, 2010 3:31 pm"?
    И мы уже давно не пешки,
    Мы пули, мы орлы, и решки!
    Война ютит бинарный код,
    Умри, или иди вперед!