Google Summer of Code 2016

Events from the world of KolibriOS and its developers
  • Fixed!

Btw,
    Mentors selected for this year are the same that were originally proposed for last year, and they have already proved to be responsible, helpful and knowledgeable during GSoC2014.
    written on the wiki doesn't apply to me ;)
    ---
    Check out the Netsurf Web Browser for KolibriOS.
    Read the wiki and happy hacking with KolibriOS!
  • I feel we should write a small guide for KolibriOS in addition to this so that we can specifically enlist the skill set we require.
    ---
  • One week till application opens and still no admin.
    Nobody got the time and guts to step forward?
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction." Albert Einstein
  • I have all time in the world (and hopefully still have all my guts), but I have no idea what admin must do.
  • Pathoswithin wrote:I have all time in the world (and hopefully still have all my guts), but I have no idea what admin must do.
    As the name implies, it's an administrative task.
    See http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/docu ... ganization
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction." Albert Einstein
  • The main problem in administrative part is financial. Yogev probably created financial account somethere and maybe he helps us one more time.
  • Wildwest wrote:Yogev probably created financial account somewhere and maybe he helps us one more time.
    Unfortunately, Yogev currently has no time for the project.
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrGe6XDApWs Google Summer of Code Hangout with Carol Smith
  • Yogev said that he will help us with administration (and probably with account), if Google choose us...
  • Who will apply for KolibriOS as mentoring organization?
    Have we decided yet?
    ---
  • Added a rough guide for students:

http://wiki.kolibrios.org/wiki/Google_S ... e_Students

Please feel free to make it better by editing/contributing to it
    ---
  • 8 February, 2016 19:00 UTC Mentoring organizations can begin submitting applications to Google.
    19 February 19:00 UTC Mentoring organization application deadline.
  • ... и до сих пор нет администратора. Неужели мне придётся? Я в проекте меньше года.