Начал просить документацию:
My name is Yogev Ezra from Green Gadgets Ltd, Israel.
We want to write a driver for RDC M2010/M2012 VGA controller for Kolibri Operating System: http://wiki.kolibrios.org/wiki/Main_Page
This is an Open Source Freeware OS written mostly in Assembly language for x86 CPU, and is distributed under GPL license.
So I was wondering how can we receive the RDC M2010/M2012 NDA datasheet from you? Can I sign the NDA?
Many thanks in advance,
Jacky Tsai (RDC Semiconductor) wrote:
It is Jacky, taking charge of marketing, and received your e-mail from my colleague.
I very appreciate you to be interested in our product. Before I provide more information
about M2010/M2012, I have some questions as below, please try to let me know your purpose.
1. I am wondering how do you know our GPU modules, M2010/M2012, ? It is integrated
with our CPU but not a stand alone part.
2. Please forgive my innocence on KolibriOS, could you let me know what it was used on ?
3. Porting the driver which came from customers’ request or by yourself ? If it came from
customers, could you let me know what kind of customers (application / location) ?
Thanks a lot !
RDC Semiconductor Co., Ltd.
Thank you very much for your reply!
1) We are using DMP Vortex86MX / Vortex86MX+ SoC. The MX SoC has M2010, and MX+ SoC has M2012 GPU. But the information we have from DMP on the SoC is not enough, we really need much-much more info on the GPU than what we have from DMP.
2) KolibriOS is a freeware RTOS with GUI, written mostly in Assembler. You do not know it because it is written mostly by developers from ex-USSR (Russia, Ukraine, etc.) and is not sold by any company. But recently we discovered that it works very well with Vortex86MX SoC, so we started adding support for this SoC to have all devices recognized. So far we added RDC R3010 Audio support, RDC R6040 Network support, but the GPU support is impossible to add without good NDA datasheet. So right now we use VESA drivers but they are slow, this is why we want to improve them and write proper RDC M2010/M2012 driver.
3) Currently there are no customers using KolibriOS because this OS is not known yet. But we hope to sell Vortex86MX/MX+ SoC bundled with this OS to embedded customers in the whole world. But in order to do this, we need to have proper drivers first. So right now it's not a customer request but by ourselves.
Thank you in advance,