Ensoniq sound driver doesn't work?

Post here questions, problems and suggestions in English language
  • The problem is that you're using drivers not compatible with kernel. Most probably, you've compiled new kernel from Subversion repository (or got it from somewhere else) and put it into the image/floppy, but forgot to update drivers (those in <image or floppy>/drivers directory). If you got kernel from the repository, make sure to compile drivers (with either 'build.bat drivers' on Windows or 'make drivers' on *nix) and put them into <image or floppy>/drivers directory (after compile, they should be in your <working copy>/bin/drivers directory).

Another guess is that you've compiled ensoniq driver but didn't update the kernel ;)

PS: currently, this driver is build by neither build.bat not makefile. I'll update them in half an hour to correct that.
    in code we trust
  • Welcome to the forum, senolc_Eht !

As far as i know, the ensoniq driver is a STUB, it is not finished.
    Somebody who has this card should try to complete the driver in this case..
    (I have the card, but do not currently have the time nor the knowledge for it)

Good luck
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction." Albert Einstein
  • Sorry just enter the forum this time. I'm just too busy to make an Old Dos Application to print landscape in the epson dot matrix series.
    mike.dld wrote:he problem is that you're using drivers not compatible with kernel
    how to know which one is not up to date?
    (cause i download from the Latest official distro either the binaries or the sources)
    hidnplayr wrote:Welcome to the forum, senolc_Eht !
    thanks for the greeting.
    hidnplayr wrote:As far as i know, the ensoniq driver is a STUB, it is not finished.Somebody who has this card should try to complete the driver in this case..(I have the card, but do not currently have the time nor the knowledge for it)
    I just new in kolibriOS (i was try the MenuetOS) where i can found the tutorial about making driver in KolibriOS ?? I love to help but don't hope too much with me cause i new in assembly too :)

regard,
    Senolc_eht

sorry for my bad English (I don't Understand Russia too :( )
  • in code we trust
  • This source code could help you too: http://www.programmersheaven.com/downlo ... nload.aspx
    It's an MS-DOS wave file player for the es1371/es1373, written in assembler. (MASM, not FASM!)

PS: the article wich mike gave a link to will explain you all about the version number ;)
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction." Albert Einstein
  • Thanks for the help, I'll give a time to learn.

regard,
    Senolc_eht