Dosbox and Command and Conquer Red Alert 1

Post here questions, problems and suggestions in English language
  • If your hard disk is EXT2/3/4 or NTFS, then writing to it is not supported and it will be read-only. FAT12/16/32 both read and write is supported. /tmp1/1 should work as it's a RAM disk. Please post screenshots of your actions to make it easier to help you.
  • Okay will do so during the afternoon. The harddisc is fat32 so should work. But I recognized a stout.log perhaps something went wrong because of virtualisation with virtualbox.
  • So I found out that md does not work but when mount with option -freesize 500 and selecting a directory already on the hdd it got me beyone that step. No even with core=dynamic or full I do get a crash with cc redalert 1 so I download cc tiberium sunrise and test these cds. On the dosbox forum people post that setting of core mode and ramsize must be set right for each game. we will see xD
  • arg the gdi.iso is not recognized by the system even though it works on the win 7 system and cc red alert hangs on install routine.
  • Are we back to the era of text-only adventure games? A picture is worth a thousand words!
  • The Installer starts the 100% installation copy prozess and the virtualbox crashes no picture can discribe my anger xD
  • Without sound the installer once worked. It seems to me that fat32 support and virtualbox do make problems. Every second boot the vdi harddisc is not seen or there are files shown that do not exist. Rebooting the virtual machine resets and everything seems to be okay again. I need to find a old "real" pc to test again first.
  • baggacfreak
    I do not want you to spoil the enjoyment of the process of installing the game, but ... but I used it about 2 years ago and even the sound worked, but DosBox can not play because the mouse is moving not properly. It's hard to explain in words - you need to see for yourself.

P.S. RA - one of my favorite games after Fallout 1 and 2.
    Всем чмоки в этом проекте! Засуньте эти 11 лет себе в жопу!
  • Mario_r4
    Thanks for the answer. Did you try tiberium sun gold edition, too? Guess mouse emulation might be not the best within dosbox if it is not full screen. Is there a way to go fullscreen beside settint it to true in the config file?
  • There's no "fullscreen mode" in KolibriOS.
  • You mean no fullscreen mode in dosbox I guess.
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fR3MU6QXk7Y

Yesterday I had some time and installed it on windows 7 and copied the files over to kolibrios on virtual box and it seems to work. For the first try I did no sound, but will test more and add sound if possible.

Is there sound support on dosbox for kolibrios?
  • So sound does work, but during loading times it studders. Elseway I love how c&c red alert works. I tested some more games (keen 1,2,4,6, biomenace, simcity, battle chess ...) They seem to work with sound. So nice addition off games working under kolibri os!