There is the way to install Kolibri in a Hard disk ???

Post here questions, problems and suggestions in English language
  • Hi,

You should be just fine if you follow one of the links on this page : http://wiki.kolibrios.org/wiki/HowTo/

If you are running a version of Microsoft Windows, you need to dual boot with Windows. Otherwise, for Linuxes you should be fine after adding a boot menu entry to GRUB/GRUB2 (also mentioned in the link).
    ---
    Check out the Netsurf Web Browser for KolibriOS.
    Read the wiki and happy hacking with KolibriOS!
  • The thing most people are having a problem with is Kolibri does NOT install as most folks understand "installing". It is more correct to say it "LOADS". Here is how I have mine working:
    1. Made a DOS Partition/Disk/installation-whatchamacallit. (Whatever "thing" you understand where DOS goes.)Format drive X: (X=what ever letter yours is - usually c:)
    2. Copy kolibri.img and mtldr to X:\ (Usually this is C:\ )
    3. In config.sys as last line typed " install=mtldr " (without quotes)
    4. Before you do all this you need to learn about dos,partitions and formatting.
    What now happens is that MTLDR "LOADS" KOLIBRI.IMG into memory and runs. Just as Windows "LOADS" Internet Explorer into memory and runs it.
    If you understand this difference between installing and loading you can use my method or read how to use it on another system.
    In short Kolibri needs an OS of some kind to load the image into RAM Memory.
    Last edited by Davidz on Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • I do have a follow up question.
    Does MTLDR have any operating switches?[ /a /b /c etc.]
    I would like to bypass the "Install Kolibri? (Y or N) prompt as I am using a menu for a multi boot system so it is redundant.
  • i use the old computer with 750 of ram memory and hard disck 20 Gb. 800mhz but nevar it has been possible to install kolibri in hard disk
    there is someone can hel pme ?
  • filippo34 wrote:i use the old computer with 750 of ram memory and hard disck 20 Gb. 800mhz but nevar it has been possible to install kolibri in hard disk
    there is someone can hel pme ?
    Have you checked this out ? http://wiki.kolibrios.org/wiki/Dual_Boo ... NT/2K/XP/7

Judging by your system's configuration, you are probably using either a Linux based distro or Windows 98/2000/XP (at most) because Visa/7/8/10 will just kill the system (Correct me if I am wrong). Need more information to help you install KolibriOS.

If your system has no other operating system right now and you want to solo boot KolibriOS, you should be able to do that by burning this ISO image to a CD and booting from CD : http://kolibrios.org/en/download

You need the LIVE CD IMAGE.
    Burn this to a CD and just put it into your old machine to boot it.

In case (loooks like so) you have already done the CD burn and booted from CD, follow the guide I mentioned above (Dual boot KolibriOS with Windows) or report back with more information regarding which OS you have.
    ---
    Check out the Netsurf Web Browser for KolibriOS.
    Read the wiki and happy hacking with KolibriOS!