Installation Problems

Post here questions, problems and suggestions in English language
  • ninjakid wrote:I've followed the instructions from here http://wiki.kolibrios.org/wiki/Booting_from_USB_flash
    and It does not seem to wok.
    Which of the options listed there did you try? The first method should work:
    1. run inst.exe (folder HD_load\USB_Boot)
    2. choose your drive (example E:\ [USB name])
    3. Copy kolibri.img to your USB stick
    Try to boot from this USB stick. If KolibriOS doesn't boot, then in addition:
    4. run setmbr.exe (folder HD_load\USB_Boot)
    5. choose your drive (example E:\ [USB name])
  • ninjakid wrote:I followed the instructions from http://wiki.kolibrios.org/wiki/Booting_from_USB_flash but it does not work.
    I accidently removed the kinst.exe application. Tomorrow I'll put it back with the latest kolibrios build.
    My appologies . . .
    Greetings from Seppe
  • Great.. It's working again. I managed to borrow the files from another friend. It's just my files for the kolibri os were corrupt for some reason, and followed the instructions you just listed. Just one more problem: What's with the MTTR configuration problem about when I boot it up. The OS just became slow as my grandma... How can I fix that?
  • ninjakid wrote:Just one more problem: What's with the MTTR configuration problem about when I boot it up. The OS just became slow as my grandma... How can I fix that?
    Please start the application BOARD immediately after KolibriOS is booted. Then start the application PCIDEV, press S to save the list of your PCI Devices to disk /rd/1. Then copy the files boardlog.txt and pcidev.txt from /rd/1 to another disk (like USB flash disk), and post them here in the forum.
  • when I mean slow I mean "The mouse wont literally react for hours" slow..
  • ninjakid wrote:when I mean slow I mean "The mouse wont literally react for hours" slow..
    Try to do the above with keyboard only - it would help us a lot in solving the problem.

To open "Start Menu", press "Window" key on the keyboard (like in Windows). From there browse to System -> Work with files -> KFAR. It's a file manager similar to FAR or Norton Commander, and it fully supports keyboard. In KFAR, just move the cursor down with DOWN button until you see "PCIDEV", and press Enter while on it. Press S to save your PC configuration to file. Then press ALT+TAB to switch back to KFAR. Then go to "DEVELOP" folder and press Enter on "BOARD". Then press ALT+TAB again to return to KFAR. Then return back to the root folder. Then press ALT+F2 to open the list of available disks on the right panel of KFAR. Select /usbhd0/1 (or however your USB flash disk is called). Then in the left panel locate pcidev.txt + boardlog.txt in the root folder. Press F5 to copy them to the right panel (one by one), and you are done. Reboot into Windows, and attach those 2 files in this topic.
    Attachments
    ScreenShot341.png
    ScreenShot341.png (23.32 KiB)
    Viewed 5668 times