Seppe publishes it's files via a ftp directory on KolibriOS.

Post here questions, problems and suggestions in English language
  • You can use the FTP client (FTPc) to download these files in kolibrios.
    You can also use the 'internet downloader' application to download a file over HTTP instead (http://ftp.kolibrios.org/...)
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction." Albert Einstein
  • hidnplayr wrote:You can use the FTP client (FTPc) to download these files in kolibrios.
    You can also use the 'internet downloader' application to download a file over HTTP instead (http://ftp.kolibrios.org/...)
    That sounds realy great! :wink: Thank you.

However, up to now I haven't been able to do any networking with KolibriOS, and i dont think I am the only one. :?
    :?: Could you publish a small "Networking on KolibriOS for dummies" in English? :?:
    Including URL syntax examples and troubleshooting.

I get board messages like "No answer from DHCP server, ipv4-output ARP error=FFFFFFFF UDP-output failed, . . .
    On my laptop, driver RTL8169 is installed.
    On my HP desktop, no driver is installed for Ethernet device 10DE from Intel Corp.

Thank you.
    Greetings from Seppe
  • It's a good idea, I'll try to throw something together.

On your laptop, I assume you have the ethernet cable connected to your local network?
    How does your local network look like? Do you have a 'router' device? Or maybe everything is built into one thing you call 'modem' ?
    Do you use ADSL? maybe you need to dial in (and therefore need PPPoE support?)

ethernet card 8086 10DE (82567LM-3) might work with the i8254x driver, try replacing netcfg program inside kolibri.img with the attached version to load this driver for your card.

EDIT: broken binary removed
    Last edited by hidnplayr on Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction." Albert Einstein
  • Does this help you in any way? http://wiki.kolibrios.org/wiki/Networking_for_dummies
    (These things seem straightforward to me, so I might have missed the obvious...)

And this?
    http://wiki.kolibrios.org/wiki/Using_ko ... _with_ftpc
  • hidnplayr wrote:ethernet card 8086 10DE (82567LM-3) might work with the i8254x driver, try replacing netcfg program inside kolibri.img with the attached version to load this driver for your card.
    Sorry, still no driver installed. :(
    But no need to spent time on this, it's an old desktop that needs replacement anyway.
    Thank you for trying.
    Greetings from Seppe
  • :D Certainly! Descriptions like these are essential. Although they still need improvement.

After a "zeroconfig" I suddenly got the notification "you are now connected to the network"
    I made it to my folder in KolibriOS.org using FTPc as in your example.
    After that, all commands (list, retr, ...) result in a hang of the application.
    Then i need to restart in order to have address resolving again. :(

Please dont bother to help me with this now. We both have enough other things on our mind.

It would please me to hear when someone is able to online load&run my klib examples on KolibriOS:
    ftp://kolibrios.org/users/seppe/Klib/Kl ... s/Klibex01 up to . . .
    Last edited by seppe on Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
    Greetings from Seppe
  • seppe wrote:
    hidnplayr wrote:ethernet card 8086 10DE (82567LM-3) might work with the i8254x driver, try replacing netcfg program inside kolibri.img with the attached version to load this driver for your card.
    Sorry, still no driver installed. :(
    But no need to spent time on this, it's an old desktop that needs replacement anyway.
    Thank you for trying.
    It is where my interest lays. Can you please post pcidev.txt here (generated by pcidev application) of the computer in question?
    What does the netcfg application show on this computer?
  • seppe wrote: Please dont bother to help me with this now. We both have enough other things on our mind.
    These are exactly the things on my mind, problems with network drivers/network stack :)
  • hidnplayr wrote:Can you please post pcidev.txt here (generated by pcidev application) of the computer in question?
    What does the netcfg application show on this computer?
    See attached pcidev.txt.
    netcfg shows 8086 10DE 00 19 02 05 Intel Corp. Ethernet none
    Have a nice weekend.
    Attachments
    PCIDEV.TXT (3.06 KiB)
    Downloaded 243 times
    Greetings from Seppe
  • With netcfg posted here, driver should be reported as i8254x instead of none, one of us must have made a mistake... Ill check the binary in the morning.
  • It was I who made an error. Here comes the fixed version..
    Attachments
    netcfg (1.96 KiB)
    Downloaded 228 times
  • hidnplayr wrote:Here comes the fixed version..
    Thank you for the new version. This time the driver is installed: 8086 10DE i8254x.
    I see physical trafic (send 20, received 135, link state unknown. :)
    IPv4 sent 6, received 0, 169.254.011.055.
    ftpc: Name resolution fails, but no hang. :(
    Good luck.

An OS that hangs, hangs!
    Greetings from Seppe
  • seppe wrote:
    hidnplayr wrote:Here comes the fixed version..
    Thank you for the new version. This time the driver is installed: 8086 10DE i8254x.
    I see physical trafic (send 20, received 135, link state unknown. :)
    IPv4 sent 6, received 0, 169.254.011.055.
    ftpc: Name resolution fails, but no hang. :(
    Good luck.

An OS that hangs, hangs!
    Can you try again with this i8254x driver (more debug info) and post boardlog (or send it in PM) ?