Library questions

Post here questions, problems and suggestions in English language
  • Most of the libraries are documented in the source code, through text files which are placed near the source code, or on this forum.
    The source code of the libraries on svn is in "SVN\programs\develop\libraries" folder.

For example:
    The console library has 'console_en' and 'console_ru' txt files explaining the API.
    It also has an 'examples' folder with source code for multiple examples/test programs.

The .obj files are mostly written in FASM and use the MS COFF file format.
    The .dll files are probably generated by HLL such as GCC (Where did you find them?)
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction." Albert Einstein
  • hidnplayr wrote:The source code of the libraries on svn is in "SVN\programs\develop\libraries" folder.
    Thank you.
    On 25.05 I downloaded the latest distro (3.951 files). I dont find the sources in there for library examples. The folder "programs" is not in it.
    For newbie's, a complete and up to date file index with a brief description would be nice.
    I already posted this question (viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2694)
    hidnplayr wrote:The .dll files are probably generated by HLL such as GCC (Where did you find them?)
    Some time ago I downloaded several .dll files from the SVN, such as avcodec-55.dll, libc.dll, zlib.dll, from a folder kolibrios/lib. Now I can't find them any more.
    Don't bother, I am going to learn to use and create .obj library files.
    Greetings from Seppe
  • If you are serious about development, you should install an SVN client (TortoiseSVN seems popular here for windows users, and is easy to use.)
    You dont need a special user account on our server to 'check out' the source code, but this will be required if you'd like to 'commit' changes at a later point.
    With SVN you'll be able to have all latest source code, without having to re-download all files every time something changes, it will help you keep track of differences between your code and the code on the server etc.

It will also allow you to search for files/text inside files ;)

How to do this:
    * Install tortoisesvn. (You'll probably need to reboot afterwards)
    * Create an emptry folder where you want to keep the source code on your computer.
    * Right click in that folder, choose tortoisesvn->checkout.
    * checkout the url: "svn://kolibrios.org/".
    * Time to drink some tea/coffee/<insert beverage of choice here>.

There is no short description/index of all files, but most programs/drivers/.. should have a description in one of the files themselves.
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction." Albert Einstein
  • I am absent for one week. On my return, installing a SVN-client is the first thing I will do.
    Then I will continue to study "animage", because that application also uses a library function.
    Thank you so much for your patience.
    Greetings from Seppe