NumLock on at startup

Post here questions, problems and suggestions in English language
  • This can be solved, but now most developers on summer vacation. As a temporary solution I can offer you to set state of NumLock in the BIOS settings.
    Всем чмоки в этом проекте! Засуньте эти 11 лет себе в жопу!
  • Thank you in advance.
    Note that my Bios switches the NumLock on, but kolibriOS switches it back off. :?
    Could an application modify the keyboard settings and lights (NumLock, ShiftLock) ?

8) When on, the NumLock led also indicates that the computer is on, even when the monitor if off.
    I wish a nice holiday to all developers.
    Greetings from Seppe
  • seppe wrote:Therefore it is a very welcome feature to have the NumLock ON when the system starts.
    Could this be fixed?
    r5027
    Сделаем мир лучше!
  • It works! Great! Thanks a lot. :D

Another (none urgent) suggestion:

There are keyboards that don't have led's to show the status of the numkey and caps lock.
    For those users it would be nice to display the status on the screen.
    For instance two simple letters: n or N and a or A.
    Last edited by seppe on Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Greetings from Seppe
  • seppe wrote:It works! Great! Thanks a lot. :D

Another (none urgent) suggestion:

There are laptop computers that don't have led's that show the status of the numkey and caps lock.
    For those users it would be nice to display the status on the screen.
    For instance two simple letters: n or N and a or A.
    Actually, the panel shows the caps/shift lock status already. Take a look at the right hand corner of the screen while playing with the shift buttons ;)
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction." Albert Einstein
  • There is already one: viewtopic.php?f=42&t=1713
    For those who don't want to force a way through Google Translate'd Russian: the first message introduces the program, the rest is debate about design.
    Сделаем мир лучше!
  • It looks like two letters are displayed in the lower panel that correspond to the chosen keyboard.
    That is "En, Fi, Ge, Ru, Fr, Et". The letters for Belgium and Italy are junk.
    The case of the first letter reflects the caps-lock keyboard status (except for Italy).

In view of the many new keyboards, this feature should be reviewed at some point in time.
    I suggest to use those letters to reflect the country code for the typing language (whatever keyboard language is chosen).
    The typing language (script) influences the text based algorithms (sort, wrap, spellcheck, writing direction, . . .).
    The second letter could reflect the status of the NumLock key.
    I could do this (somewhat later) in my Klib if I can set those letters.
    Greetings from Seppe