advantages and disadvantages of kolibriOs

Post here questions, problems and suggestions in English language
  • lucky wrote:hello can you tell me about advatages and disadvantages of this OS?
    Advantages - very small and very fast, requires just 8MB RAM and just 1MB disk space, and works on very old computers (anything from the original Pentium I and above is good enough).
    Disadvantages - a lot of devices are not supported yet (3G, WiFi, Bluetooth, printers, webcams, scanners, ....), a lot of software is still missing (Office, normal browser, RDP, Bittorrent, Skype, ...)
  • lucky

imho Kolibri-A is an ideal OS (no disadvantages) for embedded x86 hardware development/testing.
  • art_zh
    ...but Kolibri-A is only for AMD Fusion machines. I am right or Intel 64 bit cpus are also supported :?:
  • macgub wrote:art_zh
    ...but Kolibri-A is only for AMD Fusion machines. I am right or Intel 64 bit cpus are also supported :?:
    Right, it's only for AMD machines (not just Fusion though): viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1608
  • macgub
    Yes, AMD Fusion only.
    If one needs to test urgently his new $2,995 Xilinx board - he can easily buy a Fusion MB for just $100 .

RS780/880 are not supported any more due to lack of consumers' demand (and my time, too).

BTW it's not a problem to transfer A-solutions to any other [properly documented] chipset.
  • BTW it's not a problem to transfer A-solutions to any other [properly documented] chipset.
    For me it's not so easy :(
  • thank for the information..
    its help me a lot :D