how install app into Kolibri

Post here questions, problems and suggestions in English language
  • Sorry, but right now unfortunately it's not possible to use KolibriOS for those tasks. Maybe in 6 months it would be possible - we are working on porting a web browser.
    In your situation, I think the best OS is Puppy Linux or Damn Small Linux.
  • thanks for the reply, I hope that you'll integrate this tasks in a future so I'll migrate on Kolibri :)

Puppy linux or Damn Small linux are lighter than xPUD or Lubuntu?
    for my mother it is important the lightweight and the possibility to use a browser web for see youtube pages, and the possibility to use skype
  • threadul wrote:Puppy linux or Damn Small linux are lighter than xPUD or Lubuntu?
    for my mother it is important the lightweight and the possibility to use a browser web for see youtube pages, and the possibility to use skype
    Both Puppy Linux and Damn Small Linux are lighter than Lubuntu. I haven't tried xPUD.
    Puppy Linux works in the same manner as KolibriOS - it loads itself into RAM, so it works fast even on slow computers.
  • ok, thanks very much. However I'll make an upgrade of the ram memory when (and if) it will be arrive fom Hong Kong.
  • Hi,

if you try linux, you might try bodhi linux with enlightment desktop it is perfect for your needs!

CU
  • I'm posting this post from Puppy Linux now, so if you want help, you are welcome