SSH

Post here questions, problems and suggestions in English language
  • D-Kontroller wrote:Would it be OK if I would set up a SSH server dedicated to KolibriOS?
    What do you mean? What do you want to do on that server? Allow connections from KolibriOS? Or provide downloads of KolibriOS files? I don't understand.
  • I want to provide some program downloads and some information about Kolibri
    Just another way to connect to the Kolibri community
  • D-Kontroller wrote:I want to provide some program downloads and some information about Kolibri
    Just another way to connect to the Kolibri community
    Of course you are welcome to do it, but that would be just a waste of resources. Instead of distributing information about KolibriOS on different websites, it's better to concentrate it on one (official) website, don't you think?

If you want to create website in German language, for example, then just say so and we will put your German translation on official website. If you want to have a place for people to download your private work related to KolibriOS, then we can open you an account on our FTP server - just ask.
  • I think it's good to have it all on one page, but I don't have the programming skills (yet) to make programs. Building a SSH server can improve Kolibri still a little bit
  • D-Kontroller wrote:I think it's good to have it all on one page, but I don't have the programming skills (yet) to make programs. Building a SSH server can improve Kolibri still a little bit
    But there is already ssh server for KolibriOS. You can access it if you have username+password on: "ssh kolibrios.org". So I don't understand your idea. KolibriOS is a free project and everyone can do what he wants, I just don't understand what exactly you want to do, and why.
  • Ok, if there is a SSH server, I don't have to make that. I just wanted to improve Kolibri. But I don have programming skills, so I thought I could help Kolibri in this way