How virus-free is Kolibri?

Post here questions, problems and suggestions in English language
  • D-Kontroller wrote:Hey everybody
    I was just wondering, is Kolibri affectable for viruses? And how much?
    KolibriOS is not affected by viruses at all today, because no viruses exist for KolibriOS right now. Kolibri is not compatible with Windows or Linux, so Windows and Linux viruses will not work in Kolibri. And it's not financially feasible to write virus for KolibriOS because very few people use it :wink:
  • As far as I know, there are 2 viruses in existence for menuetos, which may or may not be still compatible with KolibriOS.

They were written as a proof of concept and thus are not of the evil kind.

author: Second Part To Hell
    http://spth.virii.lu/rrlf5/viruses/oxymoron.htm
    http://spth.virii.lu/rrlf5/viruses/tristesse.htm
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction." Albert Einstein
  • yogev_ezra wrote: KolibriOS is not affected by viruses at all today, because no viruses exist for KolibriOS right now. Kolibri is not compatible with Windows or Linux, so Windows and Linux viruses will not work in Kolibri. And it's not financially feasible to write virus for KolibriOS because very few people use it :wink:
    But how hard is it to write a virus especially for Kolibri, no matter it's financially feasible?
  • D-Kontroller wrote:
    yogev_ezra wrote: KolibriOS is not affected by viruses at all today, because no viruses exist for KolibriOS right now. Kolibri is not compatible with Windows or Linux, so Windows and Linux viruses will not work in Kolibri. And it's not financially feasible to write virus for KolibriOS because very few people use it :wink:
    But how hard is it to write a virus especially for Kolibri, no matter it's financially feasible?
    I meant that it's not financially feasible