Virus coding vs OS coding

Post here questions, problems and suggestions in English language
  • How long did it take to build a nuclear bomb?
    And how much time for fusion bomb?
    And how long did it take to build a nuclear reactor?
    And how long will did it take to build a fusion reactor?

Disrupt and destroy is always easier and faster than build and create.

Children often did the break down, adults are more likely to break too, because it is easier and more pleasant. Sad but true.

P.S. I'm sorry if I said some wrong expression, but my main language is russian.
    Всем чмоки в этом проекте! Засуньте эти 11 лет себе в жопу!
  • Kayser

viro-code talks are not very welcome on this forum.

any destructive enthusiast will be banned furiously.
  • Why would you wish to code a virus, and make millions of enemies, and more importantly, make no profit from your hours, or minutes of toil?
    I undo viruses in my spare time, the authors of which, are foolish and haven't thought things thru properly. I agree with the answer above, viro coders should be nuked off this site megaquick.
    Why you ask such a misguided question is beyond me.
    The answer is, os writing is far harder than virus coding.
    I used to write logic bombs as a 17yro, on my amstrad cpc6128, but I'm not 17 anymore. Utilize your coding skills to catch these clowns, not become one of said clowns.
    I hope that helps.
  • You don't have anything more useful to do? If you can't (or don't want to) code for KolibriOS, at least help us testing USB drivers: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=1785 (that topic is in Russian, but you can write in English and we will reply to you in English there).
  • I started coding a half an a year ago ... On my way to learn more about programming brought me into contact with virus programming communities. At first I was marveled about the intelligence of some virus writers and started writing some. But soon discovered that many virus writers I admired had no ethical or moral. At this moment i'm in touch with the world of computer insecurity because I think we need to know the enemy to know how to defense yourself. I am interested in virus programming to know how to neutralize them. Im agree with you guys most virus writers are completely idiots. At the end I have not fallen to the dark side of the force :D. Currently my passion is everything related to the programming of operating systems. I would like to contribute to the project but don't have the skills.... I will continue studying assembly and time will tell if one day I am ready to contribute to the project. Sorry about my terrible english. :D
  • Security guys are (offently) even less moral than viro-coders. :twisted:
  • Kayser wrote:I would like to contribute to the project but don't have the skills.... I will continue studying assembly and time will tell if one day I am ready to contribute to the project. Sorry about my terrible english. :D
    You can contribute also with testing (like I do) - even if you can't program at all. It's not that your topic is forbidden to discuss. It's just that we have very few developers that really write code for KolibriOS, and if they need to waste their time to answer you instead of writing code, or instead of you helping them to test, your topic actually pushes KolibriOS back, rather than forward.
  • art_zh wrote:Security guys are (offently) even less moral than viro-coders. :twisted:
    LOL

Explain yourself :D
  • KoOS doesn't need any mofuckers those would write viruses. But yeah that's really awesome to learn how this crap works. So when we know where are breaches in the system we could and should fix ones. It's like an armor - we've to shoot at this, if we wanna test it and make defense better.
    P.S. Excuse my French :)
  • Quite humorous, one doesn't need to code in asm, but it helps when the os itself is conceived on this platform. There are some people using other lingos to code up in, read some of the other forums, LUA takes my interest, and I just downloaded the manual for this. I too, started out 20 years ago, on the warez / icewarez sites, scanning and learning, and not long ago I fixed a mates ansibombed machine, with an ansibomb. [the keys were remapped and winxp wouldn't let me map them back] if you wish to break something then that is easy, fixing isn't so easy tho. I don't see scumwarists as enlightened. I've only ever bombed my own machines, to see the hows and whys of it all, but that was years ago. You could use your skills much more profitably than surfing the virus scene, and virus code won't teach you much that is useful to coding up an os. Undoing a virus is easy, just you try undoing an os, and see where you get.
    For example, conficker is authored by StormNight, he or she is russian. Like a
    loony, stormnight put name and address in conficker. what a dummy.
    I could go hard out and ping for this person, but my interest is here in kolibri,
    a far better utilization of my time. Am trying to code my own embedded realmode os, for a couple of synthesizers, I'm building. If you want help, the crew on this site have been most willing and helpful to me, just ask.
    I'm sure they'll help you on your way to coding in fasm, I don't like it much either, but am trying to get to grips with it. The assembler I use doesn't have directives, and autocodes at org 100. Yogev_ezra has been extremely helpful to my queries, and as an aside, thanx mate. I've an img of nitebuild 7.0.0+
    now running on hdd, via flashdrive. boots in 1.5 seconds on my slowest machine. Just impressive. I've hacked it to my own taste, but try as I might I am unable to download the professional distro, the site times out, and I tried the russian page as well, do you know of a link that works?
  • What do you mean by "professional distro"? Btw, there's Lua for Kolibri.
  • I've got lua.kex. There's a page in this site that talks and gives link for professional version, in distros. I seem to think it is a coders version of os,
    and the screen shot shows no games icons on screen, just the top right and left bunch of icons, but the link to download it gives error 404 [timed out]
  • http://kolibrios.org/en/download.htm
    Don't see any "professional distro" here.