(closed) Is there any ftp to access my local storage?

Post here questions, problems and suggestions in English language
  • Sorry, JAVA isn't supported yet, but if you know C, you easily can port some JVM and GNU classpath.
  • So.. do you need an FTP client, or java?
    KFAR is similar to midnight commander, but has no FTP support (yet)
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction." Albert Einstein
  • I think I mixed two different topics. Sorry. I explain.
    My wish: when I put "fritz.box" in the FTP menu of "Midnight Commander", then I access automatically my home local storage. I was trying to see if there is such a function in kolibrios
    (forget java: when accessing the local router which is a fritzbox, java is required, but this is optional).
    AMD-K6-III 550 MHz
    Graphics Card Matrox MGA G400/G450
    Audio Ensoniq ES1371 AudioPCI-97
    Network Realtek RTL-8139/8139C/8139C
  • After reading your last post, your first one became much clearer :)
    unfortunately, there is no such function (or another FTP client) in kolibriOS yet.
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction." Albert Einstein
  • thats fine.
    This is NOT a priority in my opinion: for the reason I have a PC with a multiboot kolibrios / tinycorelinux I can change quite fast from one to the other system.
    Today we stayed few hours at the pc with children 7,9 and 12 and.. they enjoyed the games. It seems their brain had to work much more than with standard iPOD games and they loved it (me too..).
    AMD-K6-III 550 MHz
    Graphics Card Matrox MGA G400/G450
    Audio Ensoniq ES1371 AudioPCI-97
    Network Realtek RTL-8139/8139C/8139C
  • FTP isn't very complex protocol. I'm working on SSL for Kolibri, so I hope soon we'll have HTTP, FTP, HTTPS and FTPS support (at least for fetching files). I don't sure I'll be able to compile this tool as OBJ library, but I'll try.
  • I have started to write an FTP client today (with CLI interface).
    When all basic functions work, I'll try to mount the FTP server as virtual disk so that it is accessible from all existing file managers.