Auto builds for spanish translation

Post here questions, problems and suggestions in English language
  • Ok.
    Where is that script?
  • KolibriOS includes programs written in several different languages. If you want to build the entire distribution kit by yourself, you will need all compilers and several tools preinstalled:
    * fasm
    * nasm
    * gcc and g++ from MinGW suite; for Windows machine the binaries can be found at http://mingw.org/ , for Linux machine you can search for packets like mingw-g++ or use Windows binaries through Wine; after installation create executables win32-gcc, win32-g++, win32-ld, win32-objcopy somewhere in $PATH, they could be symlinks or scripts calling Wine depending on installation method;
    * MS Visual Studio compiler cl.exe + link.exe; http://www.microsoft.com/visualstudio/e ... 10-express includes Windows binaries, for Linux machine use Wine; after installation create executables win32-cl, win32-link somewhere in $PATH, which can be symlinks on Windows or scripts calling Wine;
    * C-- compiler c--.exe; I don't remember the exact link for Windows binaries, search on the forum or ask Leency if you really want it, for Linux machine use Wine; after installation create executable win32-c-- somewhere in $PATH, which can be symlink or script calling Wine;
    * kpack, kerpack
    * mtools
    * mkisofs to create ISO images, optional
    The autobuild server has all programs from the list above.
    Alternatively, you can avoid some compilers by using executables compiled by the autobuild server. E.g. if you have no MinGW, download binaries shell and e80 - they are compiled by MinGW - from http://builds.kolibrios.org/sp to your folder data/sp, and similar for other languages. Then Make would see that binaries are already compiled and are newer than source files, so it would not try to build them, hence would not need win32-gcc.
    Сделаем мир лучше!
  • Thank you! I will follow the steps in home.
    Why do you use Windows' exclusive tools? There are no alternatives for Linux?
  • esevece wrote:Thank you! I will follow the steps in home.
    Why do you use Windows' exclusive tools? There are no alternatives for Linux?
    For auto-build we use the same tools that people used when they created their programs. If there is a Linux version of the tool that can compile the program that was written with Windows version of the tool, we use it. But some tools either do not have Linux versions (like C--, MS Visual Studio) or the sources need to be changed in order to use Linux version.
  • In fact, there are only two Windows-only tools, MSVC and C-- compiler.
    MSVC aka Microsoft Visual C++ is Windows-only due to it's author. In theory, C++ is a portable language and should not depend on the compiler. In practice, any program depends on some OS- and compiler-specific library for basic tasks like "concatenate two strings". We have several such libraries; unfortunately, their interfaces are totally incompatible, so a program must select only one of them and that forces a particular compiler. Maybe someday it will be possible to build any C++ program from the distribution kit by any compatible compiler, including native for Linux; right now you need all possible compilers - unless you use executables compiled by someone else, like the autobuild server. It seems that nobody cares, though.
    C-- is an abandoned compiler with unavailable source code, which is not developed anymore. Actually it is not Windows-only, it has also version for DOS, but I don't think it matters. Maybe someday we will not rely on a dead language with the only compiler, which is also dead, using e.g. C or C++ instead; right now we do.
    Сделаем мир лучше!
  • Thank you yogev_ezra and CleverMouse for your clear explanations!
  • CleverMouse wrote:In fact, there are only two Windows-only tools, MSVC and C-- compiler.
    MSVC aka Microsoft Visual C++ is Windows-only due to it's author. In theory, C++ is a portable language and should not depend on the compiler. In practice, any program depends on some OS- and compiler-specific library for basic tasks like "concatenate two strings". We have several such libraries; unfortunately, their interfaces are totally incompatible, so a program must select only one of them and that forces a particular compiler. Maybe someday it will be possible to build any C++ program from the distribution kit by any compatible compiler, including native for Linux; right now you need all possible compilers - unless you use executables compiled by someone else, like the autobuild server. It seems that nobody cares, though.
    C-- is an abandoned compiler with unavailable source code, which is not developed anymore. Actually it is not Windows-only, it has also version for DOS, but I don't think it matters. Maybe someday we will not rely on a dead language with the only compiler, which is also dead, using e.g. C or C++ instead; right now we do.
    Here http://www.cminusminus.org/code.html is a link to a Linux version. Is it the same compiler for C--?
  • I have some problems with wine, so I will install a 32 bits virtual machine. More slow, but I think that all will work correctly.
  • esevece wrote:Here http://www.cminusminus.org/code.html is a link to a Linux version. Is it the same compiler for C--?
    Sadly it's not the same one. We use SPHINX C-- developed by Michael Sheker: http://c--sphinx.narod.ru/indexe.htm . It is much richer in functionality than the C-- you pointed at. Sadly, Michael Sheker disappeared a few years ago. He stopped updating his website and doesn't answer e-mails. And he never released his source code, so now we are stuck with binary only compiler that runs in Windows only.
  • Ok, I understand.
  • I'm progressing...
    but now I get:

Code: Select all

EXENAME=.obj.graph/graph.exe fasm doexe2.asm "graph"
    flat assembler  version 1.70.03  (16384 kilobytes memory)
    doexe2.asm [10]:
    error Expected three sections, .text, .bss and .reloc
    error: illegal instruction.
    make: *** [graph] Error 2

• I'm building KolibriOS on my 32bit laptop (less problems)
    Now I get this error:

SPHINX C-- Compiler   Version 0.238   Aug 22 2002
    Compiling Commenced . . .
    ..\lib\kolibri.h(370)#1> invalid operation for non-AX register math.
    ..\lib\kolibri.h(396)#2> invalid operation for non-AX register math.
    ..\lib\kolibri.h(407)#3> invalid operation for non-AX register math.
    ..\lib\kolibri.h(424)#4> invalid operation for non-AX register math.
    ..\lib\kolibri.h(440)#5> invalid operation for non-AX register math.
    ..\lib\kolibri.h(448)#6> invalid operation for non-AX register math.
    ..\lib\kolibri.h(465)#7> invalid operation for non-AX register math.
    ..\lib\kolibri.h(477)#8> invalid operation for non-AX register math.
    ..\lib\kolibri.h(485)#9> invalid operation for non-AX register math.
    ..\lib\strings.h(403)#10> unexpected END OF FILE.
    ..\lib\mem.h(56)#11> '(' expected.
    ..\lib\mem.h(56)#12> value expected.
    ..\lib\mem.h(56)#13> operator identifier expected.
    ..\lib\mem.h(56)#14> operator identifier expected.
    ..\lib\mem.h(57)#15> operator identifier expected.
    ..\lib\mem.h(57)#16> operator identifier expected.

I will continue with the translation without building it by myself. But I want to build it before commit changes because is more fast.
    How can I get an user for edit the wiki? Because in the next weeks I want to write some article in spanish.
  • esevece wrote:I'm building KolibriOS on my 32bit laptop (less problems)
    Now I get this error:

SPHINX C-- Compiler   Version 0.238   Aug 22 2002
    Compiling Commenced . . .
    ..\lib\kolibri.h(370)#1> invalid operation for non-AX register math.
    ..\lib\kolibri.h(396)#2> invalid operation for non-AX register math.
    ..\lib\kolibri.h(407)#3> invalid operation for non-AX register math.
    ..\lib\kolibri.h(424)#4> invalid operation for non-AX register math.
    ..\lib\kolibri.h(440)#5> invalid operation for non-AX register math.
    ..\lib\kolibri.h(448)#6> invalid operation for non-AX register math.
    ..\lib\kolibri.h(465)#7> invalid operation for non-AX register math.
    ..\lib\kolibri.h(477)#8> invalid operation for non-AX register math.
    ..\lib\kolibri.h(485)#9> invalid operation for non-AX register math.
    ..\lib\strings.h(403)#10> unexpected END OF FILE.
    ..\lib\mem.h(56)#11> '(' expected.
    ..\lib\mem.h(56)#12> value expected.
    ..\lib\mem.h(56)#13> operator identifier expected.
    ..\lib\mem.h(56)#14> operator identifier expected.
    ..\lib\mem.h(57)#15> operator identifier expected.
    ..\lib\mem.h(57)#16> operator identifier expected.

Have you changed some C-- files?