Auto builds for spanish translation

Post here questions, problems and suggestions in English language
  • I just noticed that I have to create a directory call "sp" in "data".
  • Make sure that you have a recent local copy of the repository, copy data/eng to data/sp - for the command-line client command is 'svn copy data/eng data/sp' - change lang.inc to your language, commit. The commit will create a new folder for auto-build scripts.
    You will probably also want to translate things like menu.dat and distr_data/*.txt, docs/*.txt, although auto-build scripts would be happy even without that.
    Сделаем мир лучше!
  • Thank you for the explanation CleverMouse!
  • Why sp but not es or spa?
  • Freeman wrote:Why sp but not es or spa?
    Yes, I think we should make it consistent (either 3 letters for every build or 2 letters for all builds, but not combination of 2 and 3 letters). I also suggest we use "common" folder for everything that is common between the languages, and only use the separate folders for things that are different.
  • I think that is not necessary more than two letters to identify a language. I'm using "sp" to make it easy for non-spanish developers, but I prefer "es".
    However, after reading this article http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Language_code, I consider that we have to use this ISO http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_639-3 for standarize the codes used.

You're right with the common folder.
  • esevece wrote:I'm using "sp" to make it easy for non-spanish developers
    Non-spanish developers also watch football, Olympics games or Formula-1 where these identifiers are using too.
  • Do not confuse "es" referencing "España" with "es" referencing "Español".
    If you watch a football game where my country plays, you will see "uy" not "es".

I think that is not good to assume that all developers will understand "es". If you want to keep growing the Kolibri's team, you have to think that all developers are not like you. Standarization is the best way to accomplish it.
  • esevece wrote:If you watch a football game where my country plays, you will see "uy" not "es".
    OK, my example was bad. Nevertheless ISO uses es abbreviation for Spanish language.
  • Ok, but if we use the ISO that I posted the abbreviation is "spa" (http://www-01.sil.org/iso639-3/iso-639- ... 130123.tab).
    If someone confirm that we will use some ISO I will use that for my translation to spanish.
  • Hi,
    when I run "make", I get this error:

Code: Select all

tmpfile=`mktemp --tmpdir build.XXXXXXXX` && (fasm -m 65536 "../../programs/media/scrshoot/scrshoot.asm" "scrshoot" -s $tmpfile && fasmdep -e $tmpfile > .deps/scrshoot.Po && rm $tmpfile) || (rm $tmpfile; false)
    flat assembler  version 1.70.03  (65536 kilobytes memory)
    ../../programs/media/scrshoot/scrwin.inc [9]:
            wait_event .red, .close
    ../../programs/media/scrshoot/scrshoot.mac [55] wait_event [14]:
    if <button> eq <>
    error: invalid expression.
    make: *** [scrshoot] Error 1

Some suggestion?
  • Try attached scrshoot.mac. Feel free to test it properly and commit.
    Attachments
    Downloaded 225 times
  • dunkaist wrote:Try attached scrshoot.mac. Feel free to test it properly and commit.
    It worked.
    Thank you!
  • Now I get the next error:

Code: Select all

win32-cl /c /O2 /Os /Oy /GF /GS- /GR- /EHs-c- /fp:fast /GL /QIfist /Gr /DAUTOBUILD /Fo.obj.graph/func.obj Z:../../programs/other/graph/func.cpp >&2
    /bin/sh: 1: win32-cl: not found
    make: *** [.obj.graph/func.obj] Error 127