Kickstarter to push the project?

Post here questions, problems and suggestions in English language
  • насколько я знаю, killerkirill уже давно ждет заказа.
    И язык буржуйский у него не хромает.
  • art_zh wrote:насколько я знаю, killerkirill уже давно ждет заказа.
    И язык буржуйский у него не хромает.
    В личке ты мне немного другое писал (что у него экзамены и он занят). Ну раз освободился, отлично - свяжи меня с ним, пожалуйста.
  • OK, let's start small: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/kol ... n=7cd28dc3
    I have submitted this project to Kickstarter for review, and now I am waiting for project approval.
    The project is still missing a main video - I know about it :wink:
    Your feedback on other parts (except the missing video) is appreciated.
  • Our own GSOC? I do not understand why people would like to support some students to write some code. People != Google. They want something real as a result, something what they can use after you finish the work, and want to know what it will be.
    Last edited by Asper on Thu May 16, 2013 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • Asper has a point.
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction." Albert Einstein
  • Asper wrote:Our own GSOC? I do not understand why people would like to support some students to write some code. People != Google. They want something real as a result, something what they can use after you finish the work, and want to know what it will be.
    I highly doubt this man would be ever able to order food from this truck. Yet he donated money. I can provide hundreds of similar examples, but here are just a few: Salem, MA, USA project backed by someone from Brisbane, Australia. Project from Kabul, Afganistan backed by Yancey Strickler, from New-York, USA, one of Kickstarter's founders. Will Massoud Hassani (Mine Kafon project creator) ever come to New-York and demine mine fields near Yancey's house? Maybe, via TeamViewer, in MineSweeper :lol: Yet he received over £100,000 in donations. You still haven't understood what Kickstarter is about, if you are asking such questions :roll:
  • Ok, I'm also count myself a kind person. I'll give 50 cents to a beggar, but I shall not give him $10. Instead I will go and buy something on that money.
    You didn't write what you will make for that money. Both of projects you have pointed out have clearly defined it.
  • You need to place a motto: Be better than Google (or another variant - Can you imagine that you can be better than Google?).
  • I like this idea, but we have to say what issues exactly students will solve. Btw, 5000 is for one issue, right?
  • Asper wrote:Ok, I'm also count myself a kind person. I'll give 50 cents to a beggar, but I shall not give him $10. Instead I will go and buy something on that money.
    You didn't write what you will make for that money. Both of projects you have pointed out have clearly defined it.
    I wrote about it - we need the money to pay students stipends, similar to Google Summer of Code. I cannot say yet how much exactly we will pay, because I do not know how much we will collect. Since we need to spend money to produce and ship rewards, we will get left less money to pay the students than the total money we collect. I will add this explanation to the project FAQ on Kickstarter once the project is live (it's only possible to edit the FAQ after the project has launched).
    SoUrcerer wrote:I like this idea, but we have to say what issues exactly students will solve. Btw, 5000 is for one issue, right?
    Issues from our GSoC ideas list, to which I provided a link. I asked for 5,000 Pound, from which we will have to subtract Kickstarter and credit card fees, costs of producing rewards themselves, etc. After deducing all the fees and costs, I assume around 4,000 Dollars will be left to pay one student. If we collect 10,000 Pound, then we can "hire" 2 students. I limited the number of rewards on purpose, since the number of our mentors is limited, and if people donate too much (very unlikely, but still possible), we could find ourselves with project that successfully collected the money, but failed to deliver the promises.
    Wildwest wrote:You need to place a motto: Be better than Google (or another variant - Can you imagine that you can be better than Google?).
    I can't say it like this, since then we risk that Google will never accept us :wink:
  • yogev_ezra wrote:I can't say it like this, since then we risk that Google will never accept us :wink:
    Google will never accept us... Google will never support us. Microsoft will never support us. Apple will never support us. Any company having its active OS project will not support us.
    Всем чмоки в этом проекте! Засуньте эти 11 лет себе в жопу!
  • Mario_r4 wrote:
    yogev_ezra wrote:I can't say it like this, since then we risk that Google will never accept us :wink:
    Google will never accept us... Google will never support us. Microsoft will never support us. Apple will never support us. Any company having its active OS project will not support us.
    Google has supported OSes in the past, haiku being one example
    GSOC isnt about google, it's about programmers :)
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction." Albert Einstein
  • We have finally launched a small project on Kickstarter! Please help us if you can: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/kol ... -code-2013