Kickstarter to push the project?

Post here questions, problems and suggestions in English language
  • Thank you!
  • I have started to promote it. Hold on to your hats, guys, and watch out for the falling bundles of cash!
  • Btw., can you remove the mention of "freeware"? It is causing some confusion.
  • Beluga wrote:Btw., can you remove the mention of "freeware"? It is causing some confusion.
    I can edit and remove anything, but can you please explain why? KolibriOS is really freeware.

BTW, thank you very much for your help to promote our project!
  • yogev_ezra wrote:
    Beluga wrote:Btw., can you remove the mention of "freeware"? It is causing some confusion.
    I can edit and remove anything, but can you please explain why? KolibriOS is really freeware.

BTW, thank you very much for your help to promote our project!
    I guess the confusion arises from this definition:
    According to the Free Software Foundation, "freeware" is a loosely defined category and it has no clear accepted definition, although FSF says it must be distinguished from free software (libre).
    KolibriOS is free/libre, right?
  • Beluga is right. Because KolibriOS is Open Source.

Will be great if in the home page of the website appears a banner to the Kickstarter campaign.
  • Beluga wrote:
    yogev_ezra wrote:
    Beluga wrote:Btw., can you remove the mention of "freeware"? It is causing some confusion.
    I guess the confusion arises from this definition:
    According to the Free Software Foundation, "freeware" is a loosely defined category and it has no clear accepted definition, although FSF says it must be distinguished from free software (libre).
    KolibriOS is free/libre, right?
    esevece wrote:Beluga is right. Because KolibriOS is Open Source.
    OK, you mean the twitter-size advertisement?
    A freeware OS for x86 computer. Written in Assembly. Uses only 8MB RAM and 1MB disk space to run. Less than 10 sec from power-on to GUI
    That ad is limited to 135 characters. I worked really hard to fit the most info in that 135 chars 8)
    You are welcome to suggest another ad, that will have "free/libre" instead of "freeware", but bear in mind it's limited to 135 chars.
    esevece wrote:Will be great if in the home page of the website appears a banner to the Kickstarter campaign.
    hidnplayr « Sat May 18, 2013 2:13 pm » yogev_ezra: I think we should replace the facebook banner with kickstart banner on main page of kolibrios.org
    yogev_ezra « Sat May 18, 2013 2:23 pm » hidnplayer: Yes, sure, I wanted to do it already yesterday evening when we started. The problem is I am visiting my parents this weekend, so Kickstarter approved the project in very inconvenient day
    Я обновил баннер на главной английской - должно помочь со сбором денег
    I have placed Kickstarter banner on our main page - thank you everyone for your feedback! I actually wanted to do it sooner - just didn't have access to the website edit from parents.
  • Perfect!

"freeware" could be replaced with "open".
  • Y'all Slashdotters can vote for this: http://slashdot.org/submission/2682869/ ... -code-2013
  • Beluga wrote:Y'all Slashdotters can vote for this: http://slashdot.org/submission/2682869/ ... -code-2013
    Just voted, but nothing has changed. Where do I see what is the total vote number?
  • So we made it. I am really looking forward to end of summer now!