;* переменные: *
    ;* ChannelNumber - номер канала (1 или 2); *
    ;* DiskNumber - номер диска на канале (0 или 1). *
    ;* Идентификационный блок данных считывается *
    ;* в массив Sector512.

HARD DISK IDENTIFICATOR READING
    Input parameters are passed via global variables:
    ChannelNumber - nunber of a channel (1 or 2);
    DiskNumber - number of a disk on a channel (0 or 1).
    Identification data block is read to array Sector512
  • My question now is how did you get this kind of text in the file ॣ¨áâà "®á®¡¥­­®á⥩"
    into a Russian font публикация статьи ?
    There is a multitude of files with that kind of text, but no idea how to convert that to a readable font.
    Royce
  • Use CP866 (Russian OEM) DOS-compatible encoding which default in Kolibri.
  • I guess I must have worded my question wrong.
    What I am asking is this.
    Many of the files have places in them where some of the comments etc show up looking like this:
    ; ATAFeatures ॣ¨áâà "®á®¡¥­­®á⥩"
    There are part readable text, but the rest is gobbly gook,
    The question is how do I get the files fixed so that the gobbly gook is in a reasable font, Russian/English or even German?
    The gobbly gook is not translatable.
    Royce
  • View it via browser, choose "Russian → OEM", "Cyrillic → DOS", "Cyrillic → Code page 866"...
    Spoiler:
    CP866-Opera.png
    CP866-Opera.png (40.94 KiB)
    Viewed 6409 times
    Updated: Unfortunately this doesn't work under KolibriOS WebSVN because it recodes sources into UTF-8 and you're getting "best quality of gobbly gook". Just download file locally to avoid it. I saw cd_drv.inc and dev_hdcd.inc and found them in Windows-1251. :shock:

To properly view and edit downloaded file you also can press Shift+F8 in build-in viewer/editor of Unicode Far Manager (Far2), or use Tinypad under Kolibri, of course.
  • I don't find this on FireFox, nor on the board either.
    What am I missing?
    Royce
  • Throw out Firefox, use Opera. :lol:

If you're planning to research Kolibri sources for a long time, you need to download a bundle of sources (click Image download on WebSVN toolbar) and then use an editor with simple switch between Russian encodings. Kolibri sources use different ones (depent of author?). Most used are 866 and 1251.

For example, I'm using PSPad and Far Manager's built-in editor. But my locale is Russian. PSPad can work only with system locales. But Far2 can use any encoding installed for IE and allows choose it via Shift+F8. If you don't prefer Tinypad, download and install Far2 or use any other program which can use not only system ANSI/OEM encodings, non-Cyrillic for you.

Or, under Linux, I don't know. You said nothing about your environment.
  • Bookmark page http://www.artlebedev.ru/tools/decoder/ or http://2cyr.com/decode/ thats are online services for garbled text decoding.
  • WOW, I had no idea that all the gobbly gook was a language different from Russian.I guess I just assumed it was.
    Looks like it will take some time to make all the translations.

I downloaded all the files mentioned by Freeman
    I still have to learn how to use FAR2.

Throw out Firefox, use Opera. :lol:

If you're planning to research Kolibri sources for a long time, you need to download a bundle of sources (click Image download on WebSVN toolbar) and then use an editor with simple switch between Russian encodings. Kolibri sources use different ones (depent of author?). Most used are 866 and 1251.

For example, I'm using PSPad and Far Manager's built-in editor. But my locale is Russian. PSPad can work only with system locales. But Far2 can use any encoding installed for IE and allows choose it via Shift+F8. If you don't prefer Tinypad, download and install Far2 or use any other program which can use not only system ANSI/OEM encodings, non-Cyrillic for you.

Bookmark page http://www.artlebedev.ru/tools/decoder/ or http://2cyr.com/decode/ thats are online services for garbled text decoding.

The second link here seems to work OK, haven't used it enough yet to know for sure.
    Thanks lev.

You would think there would be an easier way to do all this!
    The universal translator converts the so called gobbly gook into Russian fonts, and then using google translation I get it into english.
    WOW.
    Forgot to mention this post from art_sh on this previous post:

it's a shame, but we still have such mess in the code, indeed.
    please tell the file/line to fix it.
    I am not sure what he means by the above line?
    Royce
  • royce wrote:I still have to learn how to use FAR2.
    Alt+F1 -- select drive on the left panel, Alt+F2 -- on the right. F3 -- view file, F4 -- edit file, nothing more. :lol:
    royce wrote:I am not sure what he means by the above line?
    Russian language has many encodings as you already know. And different Kolibri source files use different encodings, unfortunately. For example, kernel/blkdev/cd_drv.inc my local Far Manager detects as Windows-1251, but hd_drv.inc in the same directory uses DOS 866 code page. But somewhere were sources have mixed encoding in one file! :(

Because of it I'm suggesting you Far2 (it's Russian too :D). You also can find and install charset detection tables as Far2 addons. I guess my Far uses something that because it can automatically detect file encoding in most cases. I've installed my Far Manager many years ago and forgot about his specific addons.

Double copy/paste operation, first to one site then to another is less productive than local program, I think.
  • I can see that tiny pad can switch encodings for the text. Inot sure which encodings to use tho :-)

." But Far2 can use any encoding installed for IE and allows choose it via Shift+F8. If you don't prefer Tinypad, download and install Far2 or use any other program which can use not only system ANSI/OEM encodings, non-Cyrillic for you."

Win wordpad doesn't seem to have that ability.
    I have a number of editors, but they seem to be dumb too.
    If I use tiny I can't get the text to english.
    Without a web browser in kolibri can't use an online translator either. bummer!

For some reason I can't even get FAR2 to do it either?
    I can run it's editor with no problem.

Yes, double coping and pasting is a real pain....
    Royce
  • royce wrote:For some reason I can't even get FAR2 to do it either?
    You can find some plugins on Far Plugring, like this. Those plugins were developed for non-Unicode Far 1.7, so you cannot use them with modern Far2. But you can try Far3 (still alpha/beta) which supports both old plugins and Unicode.