T Vision S100 with 32 MB Dom

Post here questions, problems and suggestions in English language
  • Nice piece of hardware, it's really interesting to try booting smth on it.
    1x PATA (IDE-Anschluss)
    1x PCI-Slot (unbenutzt, kann sein, dass der bei neueren S100 nicht eingelötet ist)
    Do you have PATA/PCI connector in your receiver? Because i'm not sure if it supports booting from USB.

Hm, google shows much links about booting alternative OSes on that hardware, so looks like it won't be a hard task.

Just try, forum is waiting for your results.
  • Hi,

it has the ability to boot directly from usb. I had to install a newer bios but afterwards it was capable of booting from usb. At the moment it has a ide hdd inside with xp running on it. But if I can use the 32MB DOM as a fat32 files storage device and boot Kolibrios from it that would make much more sense. Within windows xp you had the choice of different drivers for the graphic card. That way you can use the scart video out to directly see the output on a TV set. I am busy with work right now, but weekend is coming and if time allows I will give it a test run. The price of this hardware is really cheep. Got mine for 35 Euros years ago.

CU!
  • Hi,

took me some time to get free time to test, but after some mistries finally I was able to boot my vision s100 from usbstick with kolibri.img on the stick. So now I need some help of you and to test the 32MB DOM a cable to get power to it. With the wire I have no clou so far were to get the right plug it is a tiny 12V plug which I have to wire up to the ide power 12V. So right now I got only keyboard and usbstick on the board because it somehow refused to boot with additional usb mouse plugged in. I want to have sound set up and test whether the scart out is working. What do I have to do to get the information for the sound drivers and how do you set them in kolibri os up?

Yours, Baggacfrak!

P.S.: Mouse issue is solved! The tiny usb mouse I used was not supported. Anotherone works fine!
  • > What do I have to do to get the information for the sound drivers and how do you set them in kolibri os up?
    Kolibri supports ISA SoundBlaster16 and some PCI cards based on AC97 and HDAudio codecs.

At the ramdrive you can find pcidev, it'll show you list of PCI devices. It'll be nice if you can post a photo of the screen with pcidev running. Or you can use WinXP's devmgmt.msc to find the list of your hardware. If your sound card is supported, then you should replace drivers/sound.obj (my information may be outdated) with right driver, run debug board ( application develop/board ), then start some app that uses sound, so it'll try to load sound driver and driver will put debug output to debug board app.
  • Hi,

so pcidev I got:

8086 24C5 00 1F 05 02 04 01 00 0B Intel Corp. Multimedia - Audio

and starting midiplayer I got:
    TRK Notes: max=76 min=60

but I first of all have to get the plug for the 32MB DOM to start kolibrios from there as usbstorage can not be used so far.
  • Looks like AC'97-compatible sound card. Should work with default sound driver. Try to open some mp3.
  • Hi,

I use http://builds.kolibrios.org/eng/svn2692-img.7z at the moment. Could not find a mp3 player?!? Is that the right image and where can I find the mp3 player? Guess if it is not within that image file I will really have to get that plug for the 32 MB DOM or install a hdd with kolibri os on it. Is there a way to install the os within itselft onto another hdd on that same system?

Yours, Baggacfreak!
  • You shouldn't launch mp3-player from menu :) Just select mp3-file from any file manager, and click it! :) m3u-playlists should be supported too. Sorry, you can't install Kolibri from Kolibri yet, but if you'll install, for example, GRUB on your hard disk, everything should be easy.
  • Hi,

because I could not find a way to get the 32 MB DOM to work I put kolibri os on an old hdd 20GB and some mp3s so it works! Great now I need to find a way to test the video out to get the video signal to my tv that's just fantastic! Out of the box with little soldering a Vision S100 and I guess even the zenega tv boxes run fine with the kolibri os! Cheap hardware for this os! 700Mhz 128MB Ram and if we find a way to use the dome no soldering would be needed to!

Thanks for the advices so far!

Is there a video player I can test?

Yours Baggacfreak!
  • Try this:
    ftp://ftp.kolibrios.org/users/SoUrcerer/fplay

You should set some file associations in file managers, or launch it from shell/main menu, something like:

Code: Select all

/hd0/1/fplay /hd0/1/video.mp4

There's no volume control yet for video playback (but you can try to use System Audio Mixer, which isn't shipped with KolibriOS yet, but can be obtained here: download/file.php?id=1855 )
  • Hi,

I will copy those to the harddisc tomorrow after work. I played doom for some levels and noticed that the cpu usage was at 100% max all the time. Is that normal with such an old game especoaööy ported in assembler? What is the speed of fplay and what codecs are supported? Just to know what video samples I should copy along to test with. By the way is there a way to copy files via network or even mount windows samba style or nfs linux style?

CU!

I try to make a video after some more tests.
  • baggacfreak wrote:. I played doom for some levels and noticed that the cpu usage was at 100% max all the time. Is that normal with such an old game especoaööy ported in assembler? What is the speed of fplay and what codecs are supported? Just to know what video samples I should copy along to test with. By the way is there a way to copy files via network or even mount windows samba style or nfs linux style?
    It's a bit not so good, but it's probably bug in port. Doom wasn't ported to assembler, it's still pure C application :) And there's bug with event update, I think. May be it'll be fixed once, I don't know. Sources of port are open, but I don't have Watcom C to re-compile sources.
    Fplay works pretty fast, as for me. I played ten not-HD movies (or so) at same time, and it was not so bad :) I think (but not sure), all modern codecs should be supported: mp4, h264, ogv.
    If your network card is supported, and you can open some web-site from your network (for example, from local Apache web server), then you probably can download any file using application called "downloader".
  • That sounds great. Perhaps I can watch some of the mediathek videos from our tv stations from the internet with this thing XD
  • http://forum.osdev.org/viewtopic.php?f= ... 3&start=15 here is a new version of fplay?!? and some more descriptions about how to use it!