T Vision S100 with 32 MB Dom

Post here questions, problems and suggestions in English language
  • Hi,

so I tested the fplay with some videos and had to learn that the 700Mhz are not quite enough it also max out on 100% cpu with bigger xvid samplefiles just like the doom port did and quake does. Perhaps tomorrow I will put the hdd into my other old pc with 1.4Ghz perhaps thats better for video playback. Sad but with xp on the s100 I could watch movies X(

CU
  • Wait a min. Tell me, your hard disk is "bd" or "hd"?
  • Harddisc is ide hd old 20GB one
  • Yup, but when you browse your hard disk from Kolibri, how it's called? "bd0", "hd0" or something else? It may be important
  • hd0
  • That's quite strange. Although... May be S100 have some videocard with graphic accelerator, which isn't supported yet.
  • I think its the video card thats causing the problem there are two parts one for normal vga and the other for the video out/scart part. Should I post the device list for you to check? The hardware is so cheap these days it would perhaps help getting more peaple interested in kolibri os. vision s100 and zenega boards should be a perfect starter place.
  • I think you should post it here :) also, is this PC can actually boot Windows XP and even play some videos from XP?
  • Hi,

I had a windows xp on the harddisc before with videolan and watched standard xvid series and even a high res football stream from germany so this garfic adapter should be capable off video playback. Perhaps not x264 but at least xvid pal resolution with mp3 sound codec.

I will give it a nother shoot after I finished watching a video stream about cyberwar.

Post results then.
  • Windows XP on 32 MB ram? o_O Impossiburu!
    Btw, videolan uses same video codecs as fplay. So, problems are video accelerator and swap, I suppose.
  • > Windows XP on 32 MB ram?
    It runs on 64Mb out-of-box (SP1). Purified WinXP SP3 can run even on 16Mb.

> I played doom for some levels and noticed that the cpu usage was at 100% max all the time.
    There is no hardware rendering and no FPS limit, so games just render as much frames-per-second, as you CPU can handle.

> had to learn that the 700Mhz are not quite enough
    remember, no hardware acceleration is supported.
    It would be great if there are datasheets for your graphics adapter && you have time to write and test at least blitter support for you GPU.
  • Hi,

I attach some pics. The eam size is 128MB out of which 8 MB are used for the grafics. The 32MB Dom is something like a ide device made out of ram chips which I for now do not use yet. Instead I use a 20GB ide hdd drive.

CU
    Attachments
    pcidev1.JPG
    pcidev1.JPG (95.81 KiB)
    Viewed 4345 times
    s100.JPG
    s100.JPG (142.62 KiB)
    Viewed 4345 times
    setup.JPG
    setup.JPG (148.89 KiB)
    Viewed 4345 times
  • pcidev2 was too large
    Attachments
    pcidev2.JPG
    pcidev2.JPG (191.8 KiB)
    Viewed 4345 times
  • Intel(R) 82830M Graphics Controller
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction." Albert Einstein