Mouse is not working well in Kolibri OS.

Post here questions, problems and suggestions in English language
  • What kind of mouse do you have?
    Serial, ps2, usb, .. ?
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction." Albert Einstein
  • hidnplayr wrote:What kind of mouse do you have?
    Serial, ps2, usb, .. ?
    I use usb mouse
  • KolibriOS does not suport USB mice natively, if it works, it's because of emulation in BIOS.
    I'm pretty sure the strange behaviour will be caused by the BIOS emulation, if you have a serial mouse or PS/2 mouse, you can try if it works better (it should)
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction." Albert Einstein
  • Greetings from Mexico everyone. I have some trouble with the mouse in one computer. It is a ps/2 connector. I have tried with 3 diferente ps/2 mice.... but none moves a single pixel... What I need to look for, and where? I use the same boot-cd with a portable compaq presario 1200, and the mouse via touch-pad works fine....
    Thank you in advance.

Juan Antonio Vargas
  • Can you provide more information about the particular computer?
    Does the PS/2 mouse work on other operating systems?
  • juan vargas
    Try to disable "USB Legacy Device" option into BIOS.
  • Hello there. Now I can use the ps/2 mouse in my p.c. I disabled the "usb legacy support" entrance in the BIOS and now I can use the mouse function normally. Thank you guys.

Juan Antonio Vargas.
  • if the USB mouse is not supported, why don't we make a driver for it?
  • USB driver is in progress, we wait stable version for distro 0.8.0, which is quite near. You can test version for UHCI controller viewtopic.php?f=30&t=1033&start=135#p36655 and combined driver fo OHCI/UHCI controller viewtopic.php?f=30&t=1785&start=255 These versions may be broken because of cleaning/rewriting of kernel.
  • We wait too, but can't promise anything. :)