translate kolibri

Post here questions, problems and suggestions in English language
  • Leency wrote:http://kolibri-n.org (temporary here)

Sprint 2 is done:
    - CleanURLs ( /index?lang=en&page=index transforms to /en/index )
    - special Banners for Spanish and Italian pages. Please, give me their text translation.
    - fix page titles for some languages (still waiting for rest translations)
    Banner translation:
    - "We got closer." = "Estamos cerca."
    - "Kolibri is now available in Spanish!" = "¡Ahora Kolibri está dispnible en español!"

I seen that in the "Downloads" page you haven't changed the header of the page ("Download page").
    The translation of the header is "Página de descargas".

Thank you for your work.
  • Changes uploaded to KolibriN site.
    Из хаоса в космос
  • Leency wrote:Changes uploaded to KolibriN site.
    Great!
  • Thanks to every translator, who helps me. We all done a great job!
    I had ideas about the next version of site called "Sprint 3". It may include next changes:
    - social buttons
    - new gallery, see attached white frames
    Spoiler:
    1.png
    1.png (405.57 KiB)
    Viewed 4742 times
    2.png
    2.png (121.21 KiB)
    Viewed 4742 times
    But I have too less time and too much work. So Sprint 3 wouldn't be developed soon. Current version of the site will get only fixes.

Now I will continue developing KolibriN. May be someone saw original http://kolibri-n.org site (it would be avalible soon). Its in Russian. There I develop KolibriOS Maximum Edition. It focuses on simplicity, design and usability.
    Spoiler:
    0.png
    0.png (530.45 KiB)
    Viewed 4742 times
    2.png
    2.png (488.07 KiB)
    Viewed 4742 times
    Most of my changes came to official distro.

KolibriN was made for experiments. Time for new experiments has come.
    Из хаоса в космос
  • Leency wrote:http://kolibri-n.org/kolibri-php/

More translations, small fixes and optimizations in code.
    To be continue...
    My comments/suggestions:
    1. Dutch (in language selection menu) = Nederlands
    2. Download page = many people requested to also display the SVN revision number near the image name. Please check with CleverMouse whether it's possible to implement.
    3. I suggest to group Wiki, SVN and Bug-tracker into 1 tab called "Development" or "Developers". For example, see ReactOS website: http://www.reactos.org/development . When user selects this link, he/she will get a new page with all development links and their explanation.
    4. I suggest to add 1 more tab called "Contact" so that interested parties can contact us:
    • Websites, bloggers that want to write about KolibriOS - can contact our PR e-mail for interview inquiries
    • Developers that have questions - can contact our forum (it's ok to have forum mentioned in 2 places)
    • Website suggestions - can contact you, if you want
    • Infrastructure/hosting problems (like, site can't be opened, no SVN access etc.) - can contact XVilka
    See example on ReactOS website: http://www.reactos.org/contact
    5. German translation = baggacfreak can try to translate the site to German if you ask him.
    6. Kolibri 0.7.7.0 (14/11/2009) = it's 13/12/2009, CleverMouse made a mistake. See our own Wiki.
    7. Can you please make the banners in other languages the same height as the English banner I made? Now they just look too tall and the page doesn't fit in one screen on 1280x1024 resolution. I suggest to take the resolution 1280x1024 as a start point.
    8. Why Italian and Spanish banner are different? Italian with flag, Spanish without flag. Italian with 1 line of text and a button, Spanish with 2 lines of text and a button.
    9. In Italian language, the top-bar menu is not translated (it stays in English).
    10. On the "Old releases" page (http://kolibri-n.org/es/releases), please put the Russian flag inside black border or something like this, because the top part of the flag is white and the background is also white, so it looks like the flag is missing a top part.
    11. On "Download" page, other people suggested to add a notation that all KolibriOS downloads are packed with free 7-zip archiver, which can be downloaded at http://www.7-zip.org (Because some people don't know what is 7z so they can't open the files).
  • 1. hidnplayer, D-Kontroller what do you think about it? Witch variant is right?
    2,4,6. Will be deployed.
    3. Need to think about it.
    7. No need to fit website vertically to any screen height. We have two versions of banners - hot news and ordinary news. Italian and Spanish banners is hot. Banner on Russian page I can make more narrow.
    8. Because Spanish language used in a lot of countries. I think it would be not correct to use Spanish flag in this case.
    fedesco wrote:Download, Screenshots, Forum, Wiki and Bug tracker are english words, but they are used in italian since they do not have a translation.
    Maybe just change "screenshots" to Screenshot and "SVN" to "Repository SVN"
    10. On my monitor I see grey border, but if your monitor have more contrast it may disappeared. I'll try to do something.
    11. Translate, please in English:
    На этой странице представлены ночные сборки дистрибутива — это означает, что они всегда содержат самые последние изменения в системе и потому могут быть нестабильны. Все архивы сжаты архиватором 7zip.
    Колибри распространяется на условиях GPLv2, её исходники доступны на нашем SVN сервере.
    Из хаоса в космос
  • Leency wrote:>>"KolibriOs is now avaiable in italian" --> "KolibriOS è ora disponibile in italiano"
    So I make Italian icon by myself. Is that better?
    Much better, problem still remains for the other languages.

@yogev_ezra:
    The menu at the top of the italian version is translated, most of the english words are also used in italian, so it might appear as not translated but it is.

edit:
    @leency: sorry, I did not read your answer!

Maybe it should be better to change "Kolibri" in "KolibriOS" also in the menu.

edit2:
    the translation should be (in english)
    On this page you can download the nightly builds distribution - which means that they always contain the most recent changes in the system and can therefore be unstable. All files compressed with 7zip (http://www.7-zip.org/).
    KolibriOS is distributed under the GPLv2, its source code is available on our SVN server.
    italian version:
    Da questa pagina è possibile scaricare le nightly builds di KolibriOS. Si tratta delle ultime versioni disponibili e contengono i cambiamenti più recenti, per questo motivo possono risultare instabili. Tutti i file sono compressi con 7-zip (http://www.7-zip.org/).
    KolibriOS è un sistema operativo distributio sotto la licenza GPLv2, il codice è disponibile sul server SVN
    german version (someone wrote that there should be also a german version if I'm not wrong, if not, just save it for the future, after the italian version I'll try to make also the german)
    Auf dieser Seite können Sie sich die Nightly Builds herunterladen, diese Versionen enthalten die neuesten Softwareänderungen und können daher instabil sein. Alle Dateien sind mit 7zip (http://www.7-zip.org/) komprimiert.
    KolibriOS wird unter der Lizenz GPLv2 vertrieben, der Quellcode ist auf unserem SVN-Server verfügbar.
  • baggacfreak wrote:Translation of the website to German:

E: $en_title = array("KolibriOS official site", "Kolibri Downloads", "Kolibri Releases", "Kolibri Screenshots");
    G: $en_title = array("KolibriOS offizielle Seite", "Kolibri Dateien", "Kolibri Veröffentlichungen", "Kolibri
    Bildschirmabzüge");

E: $en_menu = array("Kolibri", "Download", "Screenshots", "Forum", "Wiki", "SVN", "Bug tracker");
    G: $en_menu = array("Kolibri", "Download", "Bildschirmabzüge", "Forum", "Wiki", "SVN", "Bug tracker");

E: $en_download = array("Universal image Flash/HDD", "LiveCD image", "Archive with additional programs", "Kolibri
    previous releases (0.0.0.1 - 0.7.7.0)", "");
    G: $en_download = array("Universal Abbild Flash/HDD", "LiveCD Abbild", "Archive mit zusätzlichen Programmen",
    "Kolibri vorausgegangene Veröffentlichungen (0.0.0.1 - 0.7.7.0)", "");

E: $en_releases = array("Floppy image", "Compact disk image (LiveCD)", "Source code at the time of release",
    "Software development kit (SDK)", "Debug floppy image");
    G: $en_releases = array("Disketten Abbild", "Compakt Disk Abbild (LiveCD)", "Quellcode zum Zeitpunkt der
    Veröffentlichung", "Software Entwicklungs Baukasten (SDK)", "Debug Disketten Abbild");

+ this page http://kolibri-n.org/en/index
    G: + text "Wir sind nun noch näher bei Euch. Lest mehr auf Facebook!"

E: KolibriOS is a tiny yet incredibly powerful and fast operating system. This power requires only a few megabyte
    disk space and 8MB of RAM to run. Kolibri features a rich set of applications that include word processor, image
    viewer, graphical editor, web browser and well over 30 exciting games. Full FAT12/16/32 support is implemented, as
    well as read-only support for NTFS, ISO9660 and Ext2/3/4. Drivers are written for popular sound, network and
    graphics cards.
    G: KolibriOS ist ein kleines, aber dennoch unglaublich leistungsstarkes und schnelles Betriebsystem. Dieses Packet
    benötigt nur einige Megabyte Festplattenplatz und 8 Megabyte Arbeitsspeicher um vollständig zu laufen. Kolibri
    enthält eine reiche Anzahl an Anwendungen, wie z.B.: ein Schreibprogramm, ein Bildbetrachter, eine
    Bildverarbeitung, einen Internet Browser und mehr als 30 aufregende Spiele. Volle FAT12/16/32 Unterstützung wurde
    eingebaut, wie die Lesefunktionalität für NTFS, ISO9660 und Ext2/3/4. Treiber wurden für weitverbreitete Sound-,
    Netzwerk- und Grafikkarten geschrieben.

E: Have you ever dreamed of a system that boots in less than 10 seconds from power-on to working GUI, on $100 PC?
    Applications that start instantly, immediately after clicking an icon, without annoying hourglass pointers? This
    speed is achieved since the core parts of KolibriOS (kernel and drivers) are written entirely in FASM assembly
    language! Try Kolibri and compare it with such heavyweights as Windows and Linux.
    KolibriOS has forked off from MenuetOS in 2004, and is run under independent development since then. All our code
    is open-source, with the majority of the code released under GPLv2 license. Your feedback is very much appreciated,
    and your help is even more welcome.

G: Haben Sie schon immer von einem Betriebsystem auf einem 100$ PC geträumt, das in unter 10 Sekunden vom ersten
    Einschalten bis zur Oberfläche bootet? Anwendungen die sofort laufen, also keine Sanduhren/Wartezeiten mehr? Diese
    Geschwindigkeit wird dadurch erreicht, dass die Hauptbestandteile von KolibriOS (Kernel und Treiber) ausschließlich
    in FASM Assembler/Maschinensprache geschrieben wurden! Probieren Sie Kolibri und vergleichen Sie es mit den
    Schwergewichten, wie Windows oder Linux.
    KoliriOS hat sich von MenuetOS 2004 abgespalten und wurde seither unabhängig (weiter-)entwicklet. Der Komplette
    Quellcode ist Open-Source und die Mehrheit des Quelltextes wurde unter der GPLv2 Lizenz herausgegeben. Ihre
    Rückmeldung ist uns sehr wichtig und Ihre Unterstützung sehr erwünscht.

Lest es mal quer, ob es so geht, dann gibts bald auch die Seite in Deutsch xD Auf mehr Verbreitung ;-)
  • http://kolibri-n.org

Update:
    1. German translation added. Thanks baggacfreak for translation.
    2. Manually drawn flag icons.
    3. Download page small Description for En/It/Ge. Also added link to 7-zip site.
    4. File size and revision number in link title.
    5. Kolibri 0.7.7.0 (14/11/2009) = it's 13/12/2009 fixed.
    6. "Assembly" in keywords fixed.
    7. On the "Old releases" page (http://kolibri-n.org/es/releases), Russian flag top part is white and the background is also white, so it looks like the flag is missing a top part. - fixed, I think.
    Last edited by Leency on Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Из хаоса в космос
  • you are welcome xD
  • I would love to see a counter views day/month/years or statistics where the users come from or which browser they use (soon hopefully the kolibrios browser). Is this posible?
  • SoUrcerer
    Could you give us new server statistics, as you do it before?
    Из хаоса в космос
  • Leency
    1. Dutch should be Nederlands
  • Leency wrote:esevece, fedesco
    Translate, please, next text:

"KolibriOS official site", "Kolibri Downloads", "Kolibri Releases", "Kolibri Screenshots" (its page titles)

D-Kontroller
    Please, verify translation, provided by hidnplayer.
    Universele afbeelding Flash/HDD
    should be
    Floppydiskette-/USB-stick-/harde schijfversie
    hidnplayr didn't mention floppy disk because he thinks floppies are obsolete