Kolibri Internet(I can't write or read Russian. Sorry)

Post here questions, problems and suggestions in English language
  • The driver for new network stack has already been written.
    But the DEC2114x family of network cards is not the most subtle to program for, lots of device specific code is needed for each card of a different brand etc.
    This has not been written yet.

You may try to port that code from the linux driver.

However, I think a 'regular' 21140 may already work.
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction." Albert Einstein
  • so.... It is on work, right?
    Nice to hear that :p
    I hope you(i mean.. kolibri developters) develop DEC21140 driver soon.
    Anyway, thanks!

p.s. I ain't good at Assembly now, but I've been learning it. After I become good at asm, please allow me to join kolibri developers group. please :p
  • It is being worked on yes, but currently has a low priority.
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction." Albert Einstein
  • anstein99 wrote:p.s. I ain't good at Assembly now, but I've been learning it. After I become good at asm, please allow me to join kolibri developers group. please :p
    You do not need to know ASM at all to become Kolibri Developer. You may write in anything, from C, C++ to LISP, Cobol and Visual Basic. The only requirement is that your program will work inside KolibriOS :lol:
  • One question here.
    Only ASM-made program can be executed in KolibriOS?
  • anstein99 wrote:One question here.
    Only ASM-made program can be executed in KolibriOS?
    Directly executed - yes, only ASM, even not every ASM but FASM only.
    But we have compilers for some other languages like C, C++ etc.
    So you can write in C and then compile for Kolibri
  • There is no such things as 'directly executed'.

All code must be compiled/assembled.
  • hidnplayr wrote:There is no such things as 'directly executed'.
    All code must be compiled/assembled.
    Yes but the FASM code can be directly executed from inside KolibriOS via TinyPad.
    Of course it *IS* compiled when you do it, but it's transparent for the user.
    Unlike all other languages where you need to make some effort to compile it.
  • yogev_ezra,
    Do you have any compiler for visual basic?
    or other programming languages?
  • anstein99 wrote:yogev_ezra,
    Do you have any compiler for visual basic?
    We have compilers for C, C++, C--, and some others. Visual Basic was a joke, sorry :lol:
    You need to compile inside your own PC, and then move the compiled file to KolibriOS.
    Here are some instructions: http://diamond.kolibrios.org/hll/hll_eng.htm
    Here are some more: http://wiki.kolibrios.org/wiki/Writing_ ... _KolibriOS
  • anstein99 wrote:Do you have any compiler for visual basic?
    May be you can use Lua. It's very simple, but (for now) there are only interpreter, and it's unfinished yet. And Lua is pretty slow.