How can I access Internet?

Post here questions, problems and suggestions in English language
  • What network card do you have? I believe KolibriOS does not have a driver for your card yet.
    Also, PPPOE is not supported.

Normally, you would run zeroconf (it outputs information to the debug board, does not have a GUI) this program will set-up networking.
    But in latest builds, this happens automatically at startup, so this should not be the problem.

Can you tell us what network card you have? If you dont know, open PCIDEV, look for a network controller, and till me the first two numbers on the left of it. (pci and vendor id)
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction." Albert Einstein
  • hidnplayr wrote:What network card do you have? I believe KolibriOS does not have a driver for your card yet.
    Also, PPPOE is not supported.

Normally, you would run zeroconf (it outputs information to the debug board, does not have a GUI) this program will set-up networking.
    But in latest builds, this happens automatically at startup, so this should not be the problem.

Can you tell us what network card you have? If you dont know, open PCIDEV, look for a network controller, and till me the first two numbers on the left of it. (pci and vendor id)
    It's 1011 and 0009.
  • This chip (DEC 21140) is not supported yet, but it might be in the near future.
    (Read as: I'm working on it)
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction." Albert Einstein
  • Hi. I can't access the internet. What can I do? I tried to connect using either a nic with a Davicom dm9102af chip on it, or with a 3com xl 10/100 (3c905c-tx). Both are ethernet nics. I have also tried with an wireless card with a Realtek RTL8185L chip.

With all 3 cards I received an "ethernet stack status" fo x920017. An "empty queue" of 000 000 14. Zeroes on the other entrances.

in the "stack configuration" I got on fixed: 0.0.0.0; gateway: 0.0.0.0; subnet: 255.255.255.0; dnsip: 0.0.0.0 with the wireless and the Davicom nics.

With the 3com card the only diference is in the fixed value. It is 236.059.0.0.

Obviously none correspond with my ip adress when running with Windows os, or the ip of my adsl modem/router, which are in the 192.168.1.X values.

Hope you can help me to connect to the internet.

Thank you in advance.

Juan Antonio Vargas.
  • Only the 3com card is supported right now. (status 0x920010b7 in your case probably)
    Connect an ethernet cable to the 3com card and your router, then in kolibrios run debug board and zeroconf program.
  • Greetings (...again) everyone. I can't yet access to the Internet. I am working with a 3com nic (as you suggested), I activated the debug board, and the zeroconfig program (as you suggested), I saw activity in the debug board of the kind:

sending announce.
    openning socket.
    "http://www.yahoo.com".
    "www.yahoo.com".
    " / ".
    "resolving...".

But I can't surface the web neither with htmlv nor httpc.

What I am doing wrong? where do I need to adjust "something".

Thank you in advance, and greetings everyone from México.

Juan Antonio Vargas.
  • it seems that you're online in kolibri.Note that htmlv stores it's cache on ramdrive,so try to delete some files(docpak for example).
  • how to access internet?? is there a browser or something!?
  • You can find all network tools in Menu>Network. There are some clients (as well as simple html browser, mail client, telnet) and some servers (http, mail).