Next release?

Post here questions, problems and suggestions in English language
  • You don't need to wait a next version. You can start translating right now. Similar topic:
    viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1627

German translation of a blue boot screen:
    http://redmine.kolibrios.org/projects/k ... bootge.inc

There are all files of KOS project, so you can localize programs:
    http://redmine.kolibrios.org/projects/k ... itory/show
  • Version 0.7.7.0: December 2009.

The system is changed a lot during those 12 months (not 2 years!), and the progress is going on well.

imho we still need two or three months to reach a new (and very impressive) level 0.8.0.
  • oh sorry, I looked http://kolibrios.org/releases.html and the last version there was released in januar 2009.
  • art_zh wrote:new (and very impressive) level 0.8.0.
    : Please, don't skip lucky 0.7.7.7 :)
  • O my God! I see many people who want to produce distributions! Every second voter at least - they wants to produce the distribution ... own hands... may be... sometime... when get rich... in another life...
  • Mario wrote:O my God! I see many people who want to produce distributions! Every second voter at least - they wants to produce the distribution ... own hands... may be... sometime... when get rich... in another life...
    you mean, here are to many people, who are interested in using kolibrios for developments?
  • it was sarcasm

I mean that most humans loves to talk about work... only talk
  • guess you're right. :)
  • EuropeanDeveloper and Lost DJ
    Localization is a very good idea. I can help you to do this work, but I also need your help because I don't know German and Polish. I can only use computer translators such as Google Translate, but the result will be funny. So I can enlist here all the strings we have to translate to make full localization.
  • yes, it would be nice to post where to find all the datas which to translate,
  • Why did German translation named .ge, not .de? I thought that is Georgian. :roll:
  • I wonder will the night build be resurrected again?
    Since diamond has left the project, no more night builds were created :(
  • yogev_ezra
    1. Some work on the automation in progress. One man working on this problem.
    2. I have doing implementing kerpack applications for Linux. Especially it would be helpful if p.1 will be delayed with the implementation.
    3. The long delay in the work possible - because we working only on the enthusiasm. I think you understand.
  • EuropeanDeveloper wrote:yes, it would be nice to post where to find all the datas which to translate,
    In process...

As for now there are several notes:
    1. Step #1 - translation of the "blue screen", it's the only one thing that should be translated in the kernel.
    2. Step #2 - translation of programs' interface (strings used in their interface).
    3. As to me comments in sources must be in English (as the code itself ;).
    4. Debug messages have to be in English too, because they are used only to solve troubles.
    5. It is not required to translate titles of programs if they are the same as the program name.
    5. We can start translation from the programs that is included into the latest nightbuil.
    6. Step #3 - translation of help files that are distributed with the OS.
    7. Step #4 - translation of ReadMe, History and other manuals that are distributed with programs and libraries for KolibriOS.
    8. Step #5 - translation of E-Zine (a magazine about KolibriOS).