can I run any windows based software from KolibriOS?

Post here questions, problems and suggestions in English language
  • 1. You can use VNC- or RDP-like software, which gives ability to run application on remote Windows. (viewtopic.php?f=11&t=722&p=63180#p63190 RDP client is currently in a broken state, VNC client however is in a usable state now).
    2. if your software was written for some old Windows, then you can search for ported virtual virtual machine like viewtopic.php?f=43&t=671 or viewtopic.php?f=43&t=2639
    3. you can port software, if you have sources and time. Here is some help (may be outdated viewtopic.php?f=1&t=956 ).

Probably it is possible to create Wine-like emulator of system functions. It would convert Windows API calls to KolibriOS API calls. As search shows, some work was done by GerdtR (viewtopic.php?f=39&t=2032&start=15#p49395 )
  • Thanks for the info.
  • Might be a better option to have a look into react os perhaps with qemu which can be portable/not install!
  • The other option which I came across might be dosbox with windwos 95 oder 98 installed, but I guess your application must be stand alone (meaning no network or 3d grafics needed).
  • You can try to run in the HX DOS Extender launched in DOSbox :)