I'm trying to decide an appropriate OS for my project. Here's an outline of my project:
* A simple project regarding Artificial Intelligence.
* The AI code needs as much RAM, CPU, and disk space as possible. The OS needs to be as small as possible, but not so small that it's difficult to use and write code in.
* The code will be written in c language. It seems Kolibrios has a c compiler, and hopefully ready for use.
* Eventually I'll need a SSD SATA driver, but could live without this for at least a few months. A few years ago I was trying to extract network driver code from linux and freebsd. All of the linux & bsd code I looked through was extremely complex, filled with what seemed like endless nested macros & defines and nested routines. It gives me a headache just thinking about it.
* A very simple database would be nice, but not required. I could always write my own. Nothing fancy like mysql. Something that's low level, and most importantly a tiny amount of code as possible encase a bug in the db. Also I might want to make changes to the db.
Is kolibrios is the best choice? There's also menuetos and tiny core linux. Thanks for any help!